WC3 Final Mission

Marcml30

Spaceman
I entered the last nav point of the mission where you meet Hobbes/Thrakhath (Kilrah bombing) uncloaked and proceeded to kill Hobbes. After killing a bunch of Sorkaths and others I realized that they keep coming (to infinity) and that there will always be a minimum of 4 on radar - but I couldn't find Thrak! I cloaked and pointed my ship at the planet but I could never reach Kilrah because the 4 Sorkaths were always on my radar. I replayed the mission and this time entered Nav 4 cloaked, located Thrak, and destroyed him. However, as soon as I destroyed him I immediately went to the trench without engaging Hobbes (who was left alive). I don't remember running into this the first time I played the game. Any ideas on what is going on?

Enter the nav pioint cloaked (as you did the second time). As soon as you kill Thrakhath, you will get the cutscene of your fighter descending to Kilrah, so go after Hobbes first.

If you wanna have some fun, though, before getting Hobbes and while still cloaked, target Thrakhath and taunt him several times. He says some pretty amusing things. :)

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix
As soon as you kill Thrakhath, you will get the cutscene of your fighter descending to Kilrah, so go after Hobbes first.
I do believe that you have to kill both before entering the atmosphere, I just played the game over, and that does seem to be how I remember it.
But yeah, you cloak after the third waypoint... The one where that ace stakler keeps going after your wingman...

No, phoenix is right, once I gone after Thrakhath and kill him, we get into the planet after killing Thrakhath regardless if Hoobes is still around or not.
As for the anoying ace, just send the wingman away in the jump point before that happens and he will not show up.(that kilrathi destroyer always self destructs if we are not alone and cloaked in that jump point in the last mission)

Okay, I'm surprised though that the order is so restrictive given how open-ended the other parts of the game are. I'll give that a shot.

Marcml30, why don't you make it simple, and kill Hobbes the first time you have the opportunity? ;)
(i.e. right after Cobra's death...)

[Edited by mpanty on 03-27-2001 at 19:07]

Well, I am not Marcml30, but if you do that, you start to run low on wingman. The only ones left are Vagabond, Flash, Maniac, and Flint. If you choose Rachel, then there are only three. Its hard to keep them all alive on the higher difficulty setting until the final mission.

[Edited by Hobbie on 03-27-2001 at 19:39]

And...?
If you're talking to me Hobbie, your post has nothing whatsoever to do with killing Hobbes on the first opportunity! :)
In fact, since what you say is true, killing Hobbes before the final missions, enables you to have less of a difficulty when you face Thrakhath without any wingmen...

If you had to face Thrakhath AND Hobbes, now THAT would be difficult, don't you think? :)

It has all to do with killing Hobbes early ;) Lose Vaquero- a good wingman, better than Maniac and Flash- and you end up low on wingman like I said. A pair of FF's or IMREC's takes care of Hobbes nicely. You would only have to face one, because the other would die as soon as you decloaked (assuming you fire a pair of missiles).

Still... I don't see what leaving Hobbes alive has to do with losing wingmen... :confused:

You lose wingmen anyway, whether you left Hobbes alive or not...

I think the point Hobbie's making is that you will DEFINITELY lose Vaquero if you go after Hobbes when you get the first opportunity. Whereas losing wingmen later on depends on your ability to protect them/send them home/not kiss some other girl in front of them/ etc, etc. :)

If you pick the "revenge" option after Cobra gets it, then you will pay the price of Vaquero getting killed by the time you get back to the Victory.

Hence, killing Hobbes early = guaranteed one less wingman. At least I think that's what Hobbie is getting at.

That's what got me started. I initially did not cloak at Nav 3 and started killing everything at Nav 4 starting with Hobbes. However, after I killed him and 4 or 5 Sorkaths I realized that they come in an endless supply. I couldn't find Thrak - maybe he got killed by friendly fire which doesn't count? When I replayed the mission, I immediately went for Thrak and then went directly to the surface (no Hobbes). Anyway, I might try the mission again, this time killing Hobbes first, then some Sorkath, to see if Thrak disappears again.

Hobbes will always appear at the last nav point -- whether you've cloaked or not. Thrakhath will *only* appear if you've cloaked. The unlimited Sorthak's only appear if you *haven't* cloaked.

Originally posted by Dragon
He jump out if you are not cloaked....
Aaaaahhh! And with no fan fare eg "You failed HOTT!" to boot. And if he gets away the mission becomes unwinnable. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind that... he stays around if you are cloaked but leaves if you're not.

Originally posted by bw_dave
I think the point Hobbie's making is that you will DEFINITELY lose Vaquero if you go after Hobbes when you get the first opportunity. Whereas losing wingmen later on depends on your ability to protect them/send them home/not kiss some other girl in front of them, etc. etc. :)

If you pick the "revenge" option after Cobra gets it, then you will pay the price of Vaquero getting killed by the time you get back to the Victory.

Hence, killing Hobbes early = guaranteed one less wingman. At least I think that's what Hobbie is getting at.
But why would you lose Vaquero? Because the Cats attacked the Victory while you were chasing down Hobbes? LOAF (or anyone who KNOWS this), can you explain? :confused:

Well, Hobbes kills Vaquero...

But the Kilrathi do attack the Victory while you're away -- that's where you meet Stalker for the first time (the non-repeating one:)).

Back