WC3 Dreadnaught

Chernikov said:
How many of the new people know the trick with sitting inside the hangars, and of those how many had the patience to blast away at the inside of the Dreadnaught for the time required to kill it?

Also, I'm not sure if ive tried this yet but is it possible to kill the Dreadnaught with a Longbow with strafing runs + all missiles to drop the shields, then salvo your torpedos? (Can you fly a Longbow against the Dreadnaught?)

I did but then possible.. I might be in the top 10 list of peeple who finished the game most :)

WC3 is still my fav.

Dundradal said:
They might have deemed it a recon mission considering the size of the engagement happening right next door. I don't think there was any suspicion of another confed superweapon so soon after Behemoth.

That was their first assumption in the novel, but when it came to light through captured voice transmissions that Blair himself was in one of the fighters, they wondered why he would personally be involved if it was only a simple recon flight.

I'm not saying that they seriously suspected another superweapon, but it would make sense that if there happened to be one, They would know that Confed would be hard pressed to deploy it immediately because of their desperate situation.

I'm fairly sure they suspected there was another superweaon... since Hobbes had transmitted them information on it.

Also, by the time Kilrah was destroyed, the Crown Prince had already been killed in fighter combat -- there's lots of good reasons to have shields up.

(Also: False Colors talks about how shields protect ships from deadly radiation under normal circumstances.)

<shit disturb>
Maybe the others didn't have their shields powered up.

Have you ever, in hundreds and hundreds of WC missions, turned your shields off because you feel safe?

Beyond that, sheilds are protection against more than just laser -- space is full of dangerous junk. (And finally, the Kilrathi fleet *is* on alert, having recently learned that a major battle has been joined one system a way...)

</shit disturb>

Sorry i found it cute :)

Bandit LOAF said:
I'm fairly sure they suspected there was another superweaon... since Hobbes had transmitted them information on it.

Thought Blair shot him down before he could get it out.

I wonder what the Kilrathi would think if you managed to blow up their super expensive, unsinkable unstoppable massive battleship with just a puny fighter. :D :eek:

Another few questions:

How big is this thing? I have seen literally 3 different sizes:
1. Fleet tactics shows it to be unbelievably massive: http://tactics.solsector.net/joans/pictures/hvarkann.JPG
(That there is the Concordia in the corner it is.)
2. In game, the actualy fighter deck looks only a little bigger than the Victory's
3. In the cutscenes, the front fighter deck is very small, and looks like it wouldn't fit more than a few fighters, like the size of the Bordrav's.
Also, if you fly into the rear fighter deck, there is a small passageway that makes a right turn into the ship, like an antechamber. It's very poorly textured, but it's kind of a weird feature. Any idea what it's supposed to be?

22 km long, according to Victory Streak. That may look silly-high compared to the 200K kg mass, but it's the only official number available. Anything else is just fan wanking.

And before citing Fleet Tactics, you may want to read the disclaimer they post on the main page. Specifically, the following:

[P]lease do not take my work as official canon undebatable information. You are free to read and cherish all you like, but don't rely on it when you discuss it. By this request, I would prefer that you do not make any future arguments about WC and cite information from my website as "canon" to fuel your arguments. And if any newbie tries to argue on any internet forum "yer wrong LOAF, my (insert lame argument here) is right because Fleet Tactics has specifically said that..(insert generic content)...", I do not claim responsibility for any accusations that imply that I was the influence to your assclownery.

(emphasis mine)

Bandit LOAF said:

About that, was Cobra able to prevent Hobbes from sending information to the Kilrathi when he kills her? I was under the impression she actually prevented him on that particular moment, but he could've sent the information before.

Also, by the time Kilrah was destroyed, the Crown Prince had already been killed in fighter combat -- there's lots of good reasons to have shields up.

Well, he had like fifteen cousins, didn't him? Maybe the Empire doesn't consider a small one-man fighter to be any threat.

Yeah, but i think it's all about ship names, classes etc. i think that the sizes difference is based on the cannon information, i dont remember the actual size of the confederation class but it was something about 1 km wich makes the Dreadnaught 22! times larger, wich seems to be just the case

Delance said:
About that, was Cobra able to prevent Hobbes from sending information to the Kilrathi when he kills her? I was under the impression she actually prevented him on that particular moment, but he could've sent the information before.

I think so, because I'm pretty sure video on the data pad Cobra has when she dies (that hobbes had been trying to send) was of the temblor bomb.

AD said:
I think so, because I'm pretty sure video on the data pad Cobra has when she dies (that hobbes had been trying to send) was of the temblor bomb.
yep but she says "he was TRYING to send this"

AD said:

If he wasn't able to warn the Kilrathi about the T-Bomb, maybe Blair did the right thing for the wrong reasons when he went after him. Also, it seems to me that if the Kilrathi knew about the T-Bomb they'd be able to figure out a way to stop the attack. After all, it required a precise hit on an specific location.

Good point. They would have used mines or done whatever it takes to make any jump point into Kilrah impenetrable by a wing of fighters. Not to mention the force they would have assembled around the target canyon itself if they had Hobbes' stolen data.

RATM said:
I dont think mines could prevent fighters from jumping. Fleets however...

Heh. Ever played WCP MP? More than once I've flown into someone's string of mines and been destroyed (I'm not going to name names but you bastards know who you are). Mines at a jump point would not prevent either a fleet or fighters from jumping, but it would SLOW them down. Mines have to be cleared and that takes time, which in combat can be the best weapon.

Mancubus said:
it's just what i did inside that monster- needed more power for the guns :D

That was slowing down shield regeneration power, not actually weakening the shields.

Back