WC3 Dreadnaught

Killing the dreadnaught from the inside is too boring.

Try taking out the turrets instead and then take it down from the outside. I have to admit I tried it a couple of times and gave up in the end - i.e. used invincibility to take of the turrets first.

Also, prior to getting to the dreadnaught stage, I tried to kill as many kilrathi as possible so that the Shefield (I think) has a chance to go toe-to-toe with it. Unfortunately the Shefield gets either blown up or jumps before that could happen. Anyway of seeing it happen? I love watching cap ships beat the pulp out of each other.

Bandit LOAF said:
Have you ever, in hundreds and hundreds of WC missions, turned your shields off because you feel safe?

Well, there were a couple of times when I was playing Privateer without enough Generator power when I wanted to AB all the way to the jump point.

I usually paid for it with pirates on the other end, though.

StarLight said:
Killing the dreadnaught from the inside is too boring.

Try taking out the turrets instead and then take it down from the outside. I have to admit I tried it a couple of times and gave up in the end - i.e. used invincibility to take of the turrets first.

Also, prior to getting to the dreadnaught stage, I tried to kill as many kilrathi as possible so that the Shefield (I think) has a chance to go toe-to-toe with it. Unfortunately the Shefield gets either blown up or jumps before that could happen. Anyway of seeing it happen? I love watching cap ships beat the pulp out of each other.

I think that you get waves of pakthan untill the destroyers (in the beginning there are both) get blown and only then the regular fighter waves start

That's probably right...I can't remember exactly what the step by step plan is, but all I know is that the destroyers get either blown up or jump prior to the dreadnaught coming in...maybe it's Coventry, but I'm pretty sure it was just Shefield

There are both in the beginning. One gets blown almost as soon as you arrive. I don't remember wich one , though
edit: in the KS version at least

One of them I've never been able to save no matter how many times I've tried, but if you can manage to protect the other one from the initial wave, it is a big help while you fight the continuing waves of fighters. Just stick close to it and it will take out most of them for you with the big guns.

Quarto said:
In spite of what the dialogue says, that's no corvette - that's a Fralthra.

Sure looks like a Fralthra. I wonder where that Fralthra came from and what was its intent? That's a goof right there.

Ptarmigan said:
Sure looks like a Fralthra. I wonder where that Fralthra came from and what was its intent? That's a goof right there.

It came from the Ghora Khar shipyards and its intent was peaceful coexistence.

I was counting capships in orbit around Kilrah in wc3 music video today and made a discovery that surprised me I counted a total of 5 dreadnaughts people say there were only 3 but I swear, I looked and counted twice that there are 5 five of them I guess they didn't fair well when kilrah went boom.

We know of at least two that survive the intial blast. The Vorgath and Thrakhath's flagship (there could be others but I'll leave it to others to provide details). Both were heavily damaged after the blast. The Vorgath survived with makeshift repairs until it made it to Baka Kar, where it was then crippled for the time being.

Drizzt Do Urden said:
I was counting capships in orbit around Kilrah in wc3 music video today and made a discovery that surprised me I counted a total of 5 dreadnaughts people say there were only 3 but I swear, I looked and counted twice that there are 5 five of them I guess they didn't fair well when kilrah went boom.

We know the names of three Dreadnoughts. More than that were built.

Back to the 'kill a Dreadnought' question. I took the loosing path once and of course, came against this ship. I found a weak spot on the lower engine strut. You have to hit it from between the 4 struts. I destroyed the ship in 10-15 shots.

Are you sure about that? If possible mark this section out on an image. I'd be interested to see this spot and if you can down it that quickly. Also, what were you flying at the time?

Roseblood said:
Back to the 'kill a Dreadnought' question. I took the loosing path once and of course, came against this ship. I found a weak spot on the lower engine strut. You have to hit it from between the 4 struts. I destroyed the ship in 10-15 shots.
This sounds more like a bug or a glitch than a real weak spot. You might want to try it again and see if it happens consistently.

Back