WC3 Dreadnaught

Well, it would be silly to try and kill the dreadnought in-game form the outside. It is a lot "easier" to park INSIDE IT and keep firing. it will still take a long time, but less.

And the dreadnought is not that much scary when you consider its mass/size ratio. That thing is so light in density, it cannot carry too many weapons... The equivalent mass in normal carriers is probably a lot more lethal. The super carriers were a lot more dangerous (when fully equipped, of course). I would say that the dreadnought is more of a terror weapon. It is probably great for scaring your foes.

d3r3k said:
I've never heard of this before. Was it in the WC3 novel?
That happens in the freaking cutscene. on the last losing-leg mission you take off from the Victory, and after some time you get a cutscene where they get too much damage and Eisen decides to ram her in one of the enemy cap ships. pretty coool scene.

This kinda has to do with my original Dreadnaught question. But is there any information as to how big the Kilrathi Grand Fleet actually, was from cutscenes I can see a least 2 dreadnaughts and many destroyers and cruisers. But what was the total count of Kilrathi Capital Ships?

Was that dreadnaught still operational (excluding the prongs)? Also is this (False Colors) another dreadnaught than the one that was destroyed at Kilraha? It could be useful as a mobile starbase or even a carrier rather than it's original role of a supership. Using it against the Nephilim could be quite dangerous, especially with the Krakens roaming loose.

The Vorghath was one of the ships at Kilrah, but it broke orbit and fought off any pursuers. Your question begs the greater question, though, were *any* of them destroyed at Kilrah? The Hvarr Kann must survive -- Melek surrenders on it.

TCS Armageddon was a Concordia Class Fleet Carrier: https://www.wcnews.com/articles/art22.shtml. Not a Confederation Class Dreadnaught

This link is obsolete. Please use the following for all your ship reference needs: https://www.wcnews.com/articles/art22-2.shtml

As it says, the class (and indeed type) of the Armageddon is unknown. There is no reference in the continuity to it being a Confederation-class ship. I'm not sure how this bit of fanboyism became popular (whoever made the leap between 'Concordia', 'Confederation' and 'Armageddon' is an idiot).

This kinda has to do with my original Dreadnaught question. But is there any information as to how big the Kilrathi Grand Fleet actually, was from cutscenes I can see a least 2 dreadnaughts and many destroyers and cruisers. But what was the total count of Kilrathi Capital Ships?

There's no data on that. We do know of at least three dreadnaughts, all of which were presumably part of that fleet (the Hvar Kann, the Vorghath and the Vengeance of Vukar Tag).

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Hvar Kann survived the blast is safe to assume then that the other dreadnaughts did too. Unless I'm wrong, the Hvar Kann was in orbit around Kilrah when it blew and survived the blast at literally point blank range. So there is a very good chance that the others did too.

All three dreadnaughts were in orbit of Kilrah when it blew up. Was the Vengeance of Vukar Tag destroyed in the explosion? I've never heard of it.

Edfilho said:
That happens in the freaking cutscene. on the last losing-leg mission you take off from the Victory, and after some time you get a cutscene where they get too much damage and Eisen decides to ram her in one of the enemy cap ships. pretty coool scene.

Oh, okay. Sounds nifty. I've never taken the time to go down the losing path.

d3r3k said:
Oh, okay. Sounds nifty. I've never taken the time to go down the losing path.

The briefing for the last losing mission is one of the very best of all WC games.

Drizzt Do Urden said:
Unless I'm wrong, the Hvar Kann was in orbit around Kilrah when it blew and survived the blast at literally point blank range. So there is a very good chance that the others did too.

"Literally point blank range" wouldn't even be in orbit. Ships in orbit can be hundreds or thousands of miles away from a planet and each other.

Drizzt Do Urden said:
If the Hvar Kann survived the blast is safe to assume then that the other dreadnaughts did too.

That's not a safe assumption at all. Maybe it was oriented differently. Maybe it was on the other side. Maybe it was in a higher orbit. Maybe the others didn't have their shields powered up. Maybe others were even further away and sufferred less damage. There are a ton of feasible scenarios. All that surviving Dreadnoughts prove is that Dreadnoughts could have survived, not that any or all of the others did too.

McGruff said:
Better yet, lean something heavy against the spacebar and go get a snack while you kill it.

the problem with that is if i remember the dreadnought occasionally turns.. and you will die when you impact against it.
also, you may come back when it has been destroyed to see yourself firing into space and no dreadnought.. in which case you've missed that golden moment when it blows up.
Of course, it's pretty much the same as killing a carrier or cruiser...

That's not a safe assumption at all. Maybe it was oriented differently. Maybe it was on the other side. Maybe it was in a higher orbit. Maybe the others didn't have their shields powered up. Maybe others were even further away and sufferred less damage. There are a ton of feasible scenarios. All that surviving Dreadnoughts prove is that Dreadnoughts could have survived, not that any or all of the others did too.[/QUOTE]

My other question is why would the Hvar Kann have it's shields powered up while orbiting it's own homeworld it would seem a pretty safe place to me.

My other question is why would the Hvar Kann have it's shields powered up while orbiting it's own homeworld it would seem a pretty safe place to me.

Have you ever, in hundreds and hundreds of WC missions, turned your shields off because you feel safe?

Beyond that, sheilds are protection against more than just laser -- space is full of dangerous junk. (And finally, the Kilrathi fleet *is* on alert, having recently learned that a major battle has been joined one system a way...)

been there, crushed it

Bandit LOAF said:
Have you ever, in hundreds and hundreds of WC missions, turned your shields off because you feel safe?

it's just what i did inside that monster- needed more power for the guns :D

Your right I've never turned off my shields before and from a Kilrathi point of view it makes sense to leave them on all the time not just for the reasons you listed but some of the clans never got along all that well maybe having the shields on all the time help deter assassination attemps from other clans like in So 1 where Khasra tries to kill Thrakhath.

Bandit LOAF said:
And finally, the Kilrathi fleet *is* on alert, having recently learned that a major battle has been joined one system a way...)

Not only that, but with cloak capable confederation Excaliburs being spotted inside the home system itself, they had to know something was up even if they didn't know about the T-bomb run.

McGruff said:
Not only that, but with cloak capable confederation Excaliburs being spotted inside the home system itself, they had to know something was up even if they didn't know about the T-bomb run.

They might have deemed it a recon mission considering the size of the engagement happening right next door. I don't think there was any suspicion of another confed superweapon so soon after Behemoth.

Back