WC3 Demo problems on 95,98 & 2K

tbaldree

Rear Admiral
Just bought a copy of WC3 on auction, and while waiting for it, thought I'd try to get the WC3 demo working. I've tried
it on 3 different machines with 3 different OS'es (95,98 and 2k) and always run into the same problem. The WC4 demo runs flawlessly, but not WC3

It runs fine during the beginning of the install, showing the Lexington spinning around and all that. Immediately afterward, however, I get EXCEPTION 0 errors with the little smiley face. I've looked through the past posts, and nobody seems to have this exact problem. Lots of EXCEPTION 13 errors, but I'm not getting that.

I tried it from a dos prompt on the 95 and 98 machines with no success, and in the windows environment on all of them.

I also tried using UNIVBE from the dos prompt to see if that fixed it, with no luck. Doesn't seem like the problem anyway, since the Lexington is displayed without a hitch.

I also tried slowing things down with TURBO to see if machine speed was an issue.

Maybe the WC3Demo doesn't work if it's not run from CD? Anybody know?

What comes immediately after the Lexington in the install process? Is it the joystick calibration, or does it go straight to setup? That might help me narrow it down.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Travis

[Edited by tbaldree on 03-03-2001 at 23:33]

Back