WC3 Crashing after CD1

jimmidawise

Spaceman
Wondering if anybody can help here... I'm using Dosbox 0.74 with the recommended settings from

http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=1398&letter=W

everything is going well until I finish the last mission of CD1 where I rescue Flint, after I return to Victory it of course asked me to insert CD2... at which prompt I just click.

It just exit to DOS with "GetMoviePalette() called outside playing a movie"

Then folllows the usual crap with could be a bad cd or just load a savegame blah blah blah..

I've tried to edit the savegame to another mission, but it just crashes with something wrong with "VICD2.IFF"

I'm at my wit's end.

Anybody can help?

Can anybody just send me a savegame past that point?

I'll attach my savegame as well here...

Thanks!!

Attachments

• 00000000.zip
    725 bytes · Views: 115
Just try the Win95 version. Files are available on the gog forums. It runs pretty good (in fact, it runs far better than the DOS version imo) on my Win8 Pro 64bit machine.

Problem solved. Problem was with the pilot. This idiot used a save game editor to change the ship flown to an Excalibur, And I guess what happened is that when you return triumphantly to the liberty, the game looks for the very planes you were flying on the last mission then puts it in the background of the confrontation movie. Since the Excalibur wasn't a possibility... The game just crashes.

Problem solved.

Thanks anyway!

Back