WC3 Cap Ships 3ds meshes

tbaldree

Rear Admiral
I've been trying to track down the Kilrathi capships (carrier, dreadnought, etc.) from WC3 as 3DS meshes for a while, and haven't come up with much yet. Granted, I could convert them myself and retexture them all, but if someone else has already done all the hard work, I'd like to benefit from it - and thank them :)

I've found the many different ship packs - but thus far, none of them have actually contained any Kilrathi cap ships - only Confed and Kilrathi fighters, and Confed cap ships.

Anybody know if this has been done, and if so, where I could track it down? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks all!

Travis

Ah, yes, the WildTangent guy :).

Well now, I have seen a few Kilrathi models (f)lying around... KillerWave's page, I believe.
http://wcmods.badfellas.de/KillerWave/Ships.html
There's five WC3 Kilrathi models there (in WCP format, not 3DS, mind you) - the Asteroid Base, the Advanced Destroyer, the Dreadnought, the Carrier, and the Fralthi II Cruiser. I'm sure KillerWave could also be persuaded to convert the remaining ones for you, but I do believe he's absent for a few days right now.

Woohoo!

Those work great! I can convert them with 3D exploration and Thomas Bruckner's (nice) plugin, and all UV's remain intact.

Thanks much!

Several of the links are down on that page, but I got enough to know that it'll work, and have a nice Destroyer sitting here fully texured.

I think I should be able to hunt around and gather up the rest of them without too much trouble :)

Travis

Good luck, then :). How is that thing going, anyway? Haven't heard much about your mod for ages...

well....

Well, I was tasked with making a sequel to SabreWing a while back in *gulp* 2 1/2 weeks, so I had to do that first. And 2 other games since then.

So I'll be using my newer engine from now on - allows for much more dynamic capital ship work, better FX, and more robust scripting. Also, nice and accurate collisions, fully mobile tracking turrets, and it's a whole lot faster. Actually, if somebody feels like trying it out, you can see a quick demo at

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/webgames/action/sabrewing_2.shtml

It's a really limited 'defend the base' mission in the demo that doesn't show you a lot of the meat of the game, but I think the Instant Action mission included in the demo might be a little more interesting. I think it costs 20 bucks for the whole thing.

Anyway, I'm migrating my work over to the new engine now. It's a much faster art path anyway, so it only takes about 5 minutes to put in a ship from start to finish.

Actually, I work with Paul Steed, who did a lot of the modeling on WC3, so I can probably hit him up for some odds and ends too.

Travis

Well, if two weeks is enough to save the galaxy from an all-out war... :p
Anyway, that looks interesting. I'll have a look at it... actually, one of these days I really need to finish Sabrewing 1 ;).

Well I have the light kilrathi destroyer from Wc3, I got from Killerwave if you want that one too. (It's not on his page yet)

I've sent the email it should arrive shortly to you!

*Again it was done by Killerwave NOT ME* I just have it.

Re: Woohoo!

Originally posted by tbaldree
Several of the links are down on that page

there are any dead links there? wich ones?

i think all WC3 kilrathi ships have already been converted, except the transport, wich for some reason refuses to be extracted from the game files :(

The Kilrathi Carrier and Fralthi Transport both seem to be out for the count. I think most - if not all - of the other links are fine.

Travis

Back