WC3 background too blue?

LarkInFlight

Rear Admiral
Is there a way to make Wing Commadner 3 background darker (preferably black)? It`s too blue I think.. {I turned off the gamma correction and still I think its too blue..}

I don't think there is a way unless someone like HCl does another mod

You can make the background darker in the installer program. Start the game with WC3 -i and hit control+left/right when it tells you to. WC3 space isn't meant to be totally black though. All three options have some degree of bluish tint.

The installer program has only the gamma correction I mentioned above.. I ask because I saw TCS Victory (from wing3) with black background.. It`s in "ten yeras for wc3" - HOT ITEMS on Your page. How did you do this background so black [is it from WCsaga]? Mine is blue.. and I prefer black.. :)

Why on earth would there be a picture from Wing Commander Saga in the Wing Commander 3 update? I don't know why space is black in that one. Even on the darkest setting, space is always very blue for me.

Sorry, you can't change the background color. The space background in WC3 is blue because of palette limitations, which was 256 colors at the time.

Ptarmigan said:
Sorry, you can't change the background color. The space background in WC3 is blue because of palette limitations, which was 256 colors at the time.

I am pretty sure that there is stuff that is truely black in the game however, so why not just pick that one for the background? The whole gamma setting in the installer strongly suggests that it was a design reason. Besides WC4 is the same engine, but has black background...

Back