WC3 - 90 second Thrakhath Challenge :)

Discussion in 'General Wing Commander Chat' started by beyerch, Aug 1, 2018.

1. beyerch

beyerch Spaceman

Recently I dusted off my old Wing Commander games and started playing them again via DosBox. :)

While playing WC3 recently, I replayed the mission where you have to make the choice between landing on Victory or fighting Thrakhath and being left behind.

As it turned out, I chose "none of the above", fought Thrakhath, blew up his ship, and landed back on the Victory.

I'm curious if anyone else has been able to pull off this feat? I accomplished this in an Arrow by max afterburner and literally launching all 8 IR missiles starting at a distance of 15K and then high tailing it back to the Victory.

I was pretty disappointed; however, in the fact that after blowing him up there wasn't any real recognition of the fact. (I guess the programmers never thought you'd blow him up *and* get back to Victory, etc.)

Anyone else pull this off?

2. Mace

Mace Vice Admiral

We all tried 25 years ago I guess, and I don't even remember a third choice.. IIRC if I ignored Eisen's Warning, and had the upperhand, Thrakhath would just would disengage and jump to ludicrous speed and keep just out of range leading me away from the victory. Sure it has been possible to kill all him, even using a cheat.. the story would then break so that's why it's ignored(like getting hobbess killed on a mission where he is on your wing).

Killing Hobbes however, should result in him not flying over Kilrah.

3. -danr-

-danr- Rear Admiral

Pretty much every time; full afterburners, set missiles to launch simultaneously and just as you pickle them, let rip with full guns.

My head-cannon is that he ejected. Wouldn't be the first time.

4. ChrisReid

ChrisReid Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

If I recall correctly, they tweaked this in Kilrathi Saga so it's not possible to kill Thrakhath and get back.