wc2 moslo

Dogslime

Spaceman
im having trouble getting wc2 to run, so i asked around and somebody mentioned a program called moslo which slows processor speed. I was wondering if anyvosy knows how to use it with wc2...or use it at all.....

been at least a year since i posted, but i lurk every day :)

still not workin

i copied the exe of moslo into the origin2 directory and entered this at the dos prompt:

c:\origin2\moslo \20 m:\wing2\wing2.exe it hasnt been working its the right file but i get an error
"error in slowing down the file" or something like that...

ok lets see at the prompt which is c:\WINDOWS i enter c:\origin2\moslo /20 m:\wing\wing2.exe correct? this is off the cd

Yes, you can, actually. I forget how to do it, though. And it only works in-flight. And you really shouldn't need Mo'Slo for in-flight.

I think it's ctrl-plus and ctrl-minus, but I'm not sure.

WC2 doesn't need slowing down; there's a built-in frame limiter.

What kinds of trouble are you having getting the game to run?

well after i couldnt get into the game through dos, i decided to try moslo but anyways..... when i run the "play-wc2"file after installing, it closes and goes to dos.. then it restarts windows......

Go to pure DOS mode (Start->Shutdown->Restart in MS-DOS) and try running the game. If you get an error message, post it.

Thought as much. You're probably best off making a boot disk; post your config files and I'll help you make new ones for use with WC2.

That's... erm... not the file I meant.

Post your config.sys, autoexec.bat, and dosstart.bat files; you can find that last one under C:\Windows

I ran WC2 without using moslo just fine (for the most part). The combat was just fine, and the cutscenes were okay, although I had to read really fast (especially on the ones with the Kilrathi, oddly enough). Of course, this was running with no sound. I really can't remember how I was able to run it, though, and I don't have it installed at the moment. I think a DOS-mode shortcut with EMS enabled worked, but I can't remember for certain.

Back