WC2 installation

Yes, I too can access the CD Rom drive from the prompt, it is drive D: and everything works, but when I run the installation program it asks me for source drive, and it doesn't accept d:, only a: or b:. I can't remember how I did it 5 years ago, someone help please.

I used to copy the entire CD to the hard drive and play back in the days of my 486 dx 2, but now my memory has discarded all memories of dos configurations. If anyone remembers all the memory setting could you help me out

You should be able to just copy the game to your hard drive and then use Install.exe, Install1.exe, and Install2.exe; that's what I did whenever I used WC2 Deluxe.

I was a former owner of this same CD. It came with my first multimedia kit (Creative Discovery CD). Remember those kits.

I installed and played WCII w/o problems using this CD.

You can work around the problem by SUBST your drive A.

your memory problems are with conventional memory, nothing to do with extended/virtual. however i have no idea how to give more conventional, it involves autoexec and config.sys and dont edit them unless u know what your doing

For starters, he would have to post his autoexec.bat and config.sys so we can see what he has going on.

years ago i had a similar problem with the WC1 CD theres a command parameter for the installer, but i cant for the life of me remember it

Back