WC2 installation

KillerWave

Spaceman
I got an old cd tha comes with WC2, SO1, SO2, syndicate plus, strike commander and ultima VIII Pagan, named EA1. I have installed it before, but doesnt remmember exactly how...
Now if i try to install, i go trough all the configuration proccess and at the end it asks from wich drive i'm istalling(A,b,c,d,e), i try to isntall it, but the only drive that i got a response from is drive a...but its to big to install from a 1.4mb drive and it asks for the wc original floppy...i cant make it to work:(...help?

Copy the games to your drive manually (just copy the WC2 directory to your drive) and run the installation files (NOT Winstall; the ones actually in the WC2 directory) from there.

I've tryed that already, i go through all the configuration setup, but when it asks from wich drive im running the instalation program (A,b,c,d,e), the only one that it accepts is the A: drive...:(
Could you sent me the files the instalation creates on your hd? I dont know what else to try...:(

I had the same problem and the only way I got it to work was alot of yelling and screming at my computer and LOTS and I do mean LOTS of patience but I got rid of it caused whenver I got to the Concordia it would crash every single time no matter what I did so just keep at it Killerwave.

When I got a used computer to run old DOS games-a WIN95 machine. I had to monkey around a bit getting my mouse, then sound, then joystick to work in DOS. When I started loading DOS games, I'd copy the game whilst in Windows, specify a new config and autoexec using a shortcut. The first game I loaded was Armada, and at that time, I didn't know how to do much with DOS on such a machine. So I installed in game manually. What did it lack in the end that I couldn't figuire out? Sound, of all things. By then, I'd sold my CD, so I copied someone else's Armada.cfg file. Game works fairly well. So I suggest you get a copy of WC2.cfg or SO1,2.cfg.

I had the same problem and the only way I got it to work was alot of yelling and screming at my computer and LOTS and I do mean LOTS of patience but I got rid of it caused whenver I got to the Concordia it would crash every single time no matter what I did so just keep at it Killerwave.
Hey... I know that problem. It's got to do with your expanded memory manager. You weren't, by any chance, using QEMM, were you?

No...the deal is that the damn thing wouldnt install :(
it only accepts when its frob drive a, not from the others...and i cant install from it...

If you copied the directory to your hard drive, you shouldn't need to copy it from any drive at all; the install program should just update the configuration. Which file are you running to install the game?

I run install.exe...
If run wc2.exe or play-wc2 'x' 'x', i can see the history (without sound and speech), but when i enter the mission it says: "failed to find origin fx drivers" or something like that...:(

Ahh, now we're getting somewhere. It's not the installation that's the problem; that's actually justs fine (aside from the fact that you don't curretly have sound). We've come across the OriginFX drivers stuff before. The problem stems from trying to run the game in Windows. There is a way to run it in Windows anyway, but I forget what that is; run it from DOS and you'll be fine.

If only it was that simple...:(
Thats one of the first things i tryed before posting here, i still get the same errors...and if i can remmember it correctly, iwas only able to see the storyline under windows, running it from the cd, in dos i cant see nothing...and im pretty sure i runned it under windows a long, long time ago...but it was always somewhat temperamental...sometime ago i tryed to run it and it sayd i didnt had memory enough (wich is ridiculous btw), now the only thing it says its about these damn fx drivers...:(

wc2 runs fine under win for me, if your CD hasnt installed properly then that would explain the sound problems, try from the CD again and make sure you put in the right drive letter to install from.

I do put the right drive, the problem is that for some reason, the instalation doesnt accept it...:(
The only one that works is from drive a: (disk), but i need to install it from drive e: (cd)

I'm not asking about the install program; I'm asking if you can move to the CD-ROM drive in a DOS prompt.

Your CD-ROM drive is E. Tell us what happens when you type the following commands in a DOS prompt:

E:
DIR

Back