Wc1 Remake Released

eddieb

Vice Admiral
Kevin Caccamo has released a new version of his Wc1 remake project.

The Wing Commander 1 Remake is an attempt to re-create the same gameplay and action that was seen in Wing Commander 1, only this time with 3d graphics. Wing Commander 1 Remake has evolved steadily along with Eddie Benowitz's Flight Commander engine.

In this release, Episode 3 of Wing Commander is delivered to you, as well as some improvements to other episodes, such as a Drayman transport jumping out of the Enyo system with a jump effect. Wing Commander 1 gameflow, which greatly improves the feel of the game, has been added as well. At last but not least, a homemade Dorkir transport was thrown in as a part of the Episode 3 release, seen in the Brimstone system.

Get the download here

onemoreshot.png

Gritkrant.jpg

It looks pretty neat -- and a big thanks to Eddie for putting this all together in a way that makes sense... I was trying to follow the WC1 Remake thread and just ended up confused.

is it possible to play this with joystick? why have you used the videos of wc5 instead of wc1? is it possible to exchange the soundtrack with the original? where are the textures of the cockpit? i have set all details to maximum and they aren't still visible. where is the opening sequence left?

Maltinator said:
is it possible to play this with joystick?
It is possible to play WC1 Remake with a joystick because Flight Commander does support joysticks.
Maltinator said:
is it possible to exchange the soundtrack with the original?
Of course it is possible to do that. Just download the music you're looking for from the CIC music page and overwrite the music in the Flight Commander directory with your own.
Maltinator said:
where are the textures of the cockpit? i have set all details to maximum and they aren't still visible.
That's because I only used one colour for the cockpit texture. I'm not an artist, but in the future, I will probably use custom models.

By the way, I made the release announcement and sent it to Eddieb.

IOf course it is possible to do that. Just download the music you're looking for from the CIC music page and overwrite the music in the Flight Commander directory with your own.

It would probably be better if you did that for the next release. :)

is it possible to play this with joystick? why have you used the videos of wc5 instead of wc1? is it possible to exchange the soundtrack with the original? where are the textures of the cockpit? i have set all details to maximum and they aren't still visible. where is the opening sequence left?

Yeah, videos can be changed out. Modders: I'm working on making it much easier to specify the music files, via an xml file. This will be in the next version of Flight Commander.

Back