Wc1 Questions

Atekimogus

Spaceman
Just a few questions regarding WC1

1. Who was in command of the Tiger's Claw during the venice offensive? (last wc1mission) Tolwyn or Thorn?

2. Do we know Captain Thorns first name? What's his rank? (All commanding officers are called captain but that is not necessarily their rank) Do we have a picture of him?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Howdy! Good questions.

1. Who was in command of the Tiger's Claw during the venice offensive? (last wc1mission) Tolwyn or Thorn?

The "Venice Offensive" (referenced in Wing Commander IV) isn't related to the final series of the original Wing Commander (the Venice Series). They may have happened in the same system and they may not have... but there's an eleven year gap between them. (Eisen's 'Venice Offensive' was in 2643, Blair and Hunter took out the Kharak Tar Star Post in 2654.

Thorn was relieved of command earlier in the year and had not returned yet. We don't know if Tolwyn was still around at Venice... just that he leaves the ship *before* Operation Thor's Hammer (and that command falls to Col. Halcyon then). So, as of Venice either Tolwyn or Halcyon could be in command.

My educated guess would be that Tolwyn is still aboard - since were there that much time between Tolwyn leaving and SM1, Confed would have had time to appoint a new commanding officer.

2. Do we know Captain Thorns first name? What's his rank? (All commanding officers are called captain but that is not necessarily their rank) Do we have a picture of him?

I would have to guess that he was a Captain (06) -- since he's still referred to as 'Captain Thorn' when he's not in command of the ship (... and anything higher and Tolwyn wouldn't be able to relieve him of command while a Commodore).

He's never been given a first name.

Thank you very much bandit but your answers raises another question

where do you get the name for the Kharak Tar Star Post? It's not mentioned in the game afaik (maybe from the novel "freedom flight"? didnt read that one...) and second do we know the cat commander of this star post? (after all it was a sector high command so the commanding officer should be some famous admiral (khalrala or whatever :D )

Thanks again for answers!

Oh, I just gave it the Kilrathi name for 'Venice' from the original game (I assume that's what they'd call it rather than 'Venice Star Post').

I don't think there's any information available regarding its command structure.

Back