WC1 copy protection question.

A

A cat

Hello everyone,

I have a LEGAL copy of WC1-CD that I bought in a boxed set. It did not come with a manual but there was one on the CD. I now have a problem getting passed a question in the copy protection section. It ask a question I cannot find in the manual. Something about a rating of the SI missle or something like that. I can find a section about missles in the manual but it says nothing about missle ratings neither is this covered in the ship specs section.
Does anyone know where I can find this information?

Why is this here? It should be in Tech Support. This section for the Wing Commander Saga, a total conversion for FreeSpace 2.

In any case, I think there's a key in the back of the manual, but I"m not sure.

Admin! Could you both answer the poor guy's question and put this thread where it belongs?

There should be only IR,HS,FF or DF missiles. All of these should have their stats on the blueprints. I have a cracked wc.exe around here somewhere that bypasses the copy protection entirely, but it doesn't work with SM2. Also I dunno if it would work with the CD version.

Thanks everyone for the help. Typical for a company to ship a product that does not provide the answers for their own copy protection codes. The same thing happend to me with a repack for the Police Quest series and the Star Trek: 25th anniversary CD game.

Well anyway. I know this might be a little much to ask but could anyone state the ratings for all the missles here (just the missles I have the stats for the planes in a TXT file on the CD)? That would help me out a lot. A crack might also be nice but how do I get that?

Nay, my re-packaged version of WC1 (it was a Hitsquad release) came with the blueprints and manual which has all the necessary references for the copy protection questions. Where did you get your copy from?

I got from a local shop that sells music, DVD's and games. It was a repack of flight simulator games with WC1 and WC acadamy along with about eight other games.

There's your problem. A "repack" doesn't mean that it has all the original documents. Looks like you didn't get the complete set. You need to get yourself a new copy of WC1 or find the blueprints. WC1 goes for a couple of bucks on ebay so it might be worth it.

Well, lots of the stuff can be gotten from Claw Marks. You said it came with the manual, right? If not, an online claw marks should do the trick.

A Cat said:
I got from a local shop that sells music, DVD's and games. It was a repack of flight simulator games with WC1 and WC acadamy along with about eight other games.

THE MILE HIGH PACK! :)

Yeah it says velocity presents milehighclub on the cd. I also have the claw marks file as a TXT document (that's what I call manual). Where could I find an online version of claw marks or the blue prints (especially the blue prints)?

Bandit LOAF said:
THE MILE HIGH PACK! :)

That's where I got my cd copy of WC1 and Academy. I think it also had Jet Fighter II, which was another really fun game. I never did beat it. Every five or six missions, I'd screw up and crash my plane (either on the landing approach, or possibly into a building I was supposed to bomb).

To make it easier on all the lazy bastards, like myself, can't someone just post down all the answers? ALL of them.

Awhile back, LOAF gave me alot, but not all of 'em.... I hate having to restart the game every time I don't have the answer.

Ha! I'm too lazy to look them up all the time, so I just keep reloading until I get one I do remember.

Something I noticed LOOOOONG ago:
On each given date you only get 3 possible questions. One of these 3 will come up about 50% of the time while the remaining will come up about 25% each I'd say. So you only needed to note down a date that had 3 questions you COULD answer. LOL

Back