WC1 Ace Poll

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
The current poll is actually quite interesting, there doesn't seem to be a clear 'favourite' at the moment.

I voted the Drakahi, if only cos there can be more than one of them in a fight, but I really don't think the aces are any better than them.

I always ended up in Venice with Angel saying how the Kilrathi seem to have run out of aces. But I'll admit, the Salthi ace, Bhurak, I think, might be the hardest. That is hardest to kill, not hardest to fight, since he always runs away. The coward.
smile.gif

Really, I didn't think the aces caused all that much trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing I've found in the SNES version of WC1 is that a few missions after you've shot down an ace (or sometimes the mission after), you'd fly to a nav point, and that same ace is flying against you again.

------------------

§

I only shot down one or two of the aces, I think. Not because I couldn't hurt 'em ('cause I did get my fair share of shots in), but because, as you said, Wedge, the bastards always ran away!

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

How much different is the SNES version, anyway?

And Dralthi, sometimes its fun to kill the ace at all costs, even if you fail the mission! Chucking a Maniac, if you will.
smile.gif

Since I have not played the PC version, I cannot say with any amount of accuracy how different or similar the two versions are... but the physics are quite screwy on at least the SNES version... for instance:

There are pictures of different ships to show how far away they are. When they reach a certain distance away from you, they can't be shown smaller, and the distance on your target VDU doesn't increase anymore. Yet, you afterburn for like, five minutes straight and get no closer to them. An odd thing I noticed is that you can hit a Dralthi when that happens if you have lasers. Are the physics any better in the PC version?

------------------

§

Maybe the reason that they're aces is becuase they always knew when to leave.

Ever hear the expression, The guy that runs away lives to fight another day?

teh onely things Aces is good at are righting stupid fan fic

------------------
Making love with his ego Ziggy sucked up into his mind
Like a leper messiah
When the kids had killed the man I had to break up the band.

And the only thing Ziggy is good at is anoying the hell out of everyone.

I usually manage to kill all of the aces, though sometimes the one in the Salthi escapes.

Saturnyne, definetly. Nothing like that happens in the PC version.

Well, Ziggy's also good at being a moron and a jackass.
wink2.gif

------------------

Ziggy writes like a nine year old.

Perhaps the SNES WC thing has to do with the geometry of the SNES when the PC version was ported over? The PC and SNES function very differently in some cases...

The oddest thing to me still, is that you can shoot down Bhurak, and two missions later he's flying against you again trying to kill you.

One thing I do want to know - In the bar in the Tiger's Claw, does the mouse move in such a way that if you move it out of one side of the screen, it comes in at the other? I don't know what that's called...

------------------

§

But Ziggy's right...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Perhaps this once...

Saturnyne: No, I don't think the cursor does that in WC1.

------------------

Back