WC1,2 music.

Talyn 83

Spaceman
Can anybody help me with this little problem?
I've got a motherboard which has on board sound, and I can't run WC1 and WC2 music. Any other computer game in dos works (even WC4,WC3 and others), but WC1 & 2 won't. I've already configured my system for EMS. I'm currently running under win xp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure you did select a compatible sound card and picked the right ADDRESS/IRQ/DMA settings for it?

Any chance to try it in pure DOS mode (Preferably 6.22, but 95 or 98's DOS work as well.) It might be XP which is not very DOS compatible.

That probably is the problem. XP has no dos running underneath it. But all the other dos-games work, so...there should be an answer.

do you have an analog joystick? Analog joysticks plugging into onboard sound cards are NOTORIOUS for causing the sound to fail. I had the same problem. Solved it with a USB joystick.

Nah, that ain't it. I found the problem, but I'm still looking for a way to fix it. It's a problem with the files which Win Xp uses to simulate DOS (config.NT and autoexec.NT). I'm having trouble configuring them to my soundcard. I'll post the solution when I find it. I thank y'all for tryin' anyway.

Onboard. I found the problem though, and it don't look like I'm gonna get it to work; besides, my joystick's actin' up too. Time to dig up an old 286 somewhere. Thanks for tryin' anyway, guys.

Back