WC Workshop Online

LOL your English is FAR better them my German.

Attached is a screen shot of what I see. None of the the drop window have anything in them for me.

Attachments

• WC Workshop.png
    WC Workshop.png
    377.7 KB · Views: 142
None of the the drop window have anything in them for me.

Shame on me, I did not test this in Firefox...
It's the same for me.

I nearly always work in Chrome, where it works.
It also works in IE, as I have just tested.

I'll try to fix that asap.
Should be working now in FF too.

Last edited:
Ok, could you please try again?

After saving a cutscene, a message box should appear. If not, some value is invalid or missing.
To verify that it really worked, close the tab and open the cutscene again.
Your changes should be still visible.

After that, generate and download.

Early alpha, sorry.

I've saved it and generated the files again, but am still getting the original cutscenes when playing the game.

I've saved it and generated the files again, but am still getting the original cutscenes when playing the game.
Sorry for the delayed reply. Busy holidays.

I have now checked the file which was generated on your account.
Everything looks ok there. You have changed the first two screens of briefing, right?

The following screenshot shows the contents of the generated file, which contains eg your "Test Generation" string.
briefing.png

Could it be that you're copying the file to the wrong directory?
You did overwrite the BRIEFING.000 file, not the .001 or .002, right?

delMar,
I was working more on the phonetics and something struck me. I think the unknown values are the characters lips and facial expressions based on the character, foreground, and background. Something to test anyway. It would be funny to put Angels eyes and lips on the Colonel. LOL.
Others may be different Nav map pictures as it cycles through the mission briefing.

Anyway. Just checking but the savegame generator is down, correct or is this another Firefox thing?

I'm working on redesigning my scrips by adding more pictures and changing the layout a bit so if you have the time I'd like some constructive criticism on what you like, didn't like, or would like to see based on the old one I posted. I'd appreciate that.

Sincerely,
Shades

Last edited:
I copied into the folders for the second copy and launched the EXE from there.

Seems I am a little bit slow-witted these days.
Does it work now?
I'm confused because you answered my question "Could it be that you're copying the file to the wrong directory?" with yes.

I have downloaded your BRIEFING.000 file to my computer. And it works.
I'll attach the file which works for me here. Please check if it also does for you.

Attachments

• BRIEFING.zip
    132.9 KB · Views: 108
delMar,
the savegame generator is down, correct or is this another Firefox thing?
correct. generating gamefiles broke generating savegames :-(
I'll take a look into that today, if time's enough.

I'm working on redesigning my scrips by adding more pictures and changing the layout a bit so if you have the time I'd like some constructive criticism on what you like, didn't like, or would like to see based on the old one I posted. I'd appreciate that.
I'd be glad to.

A questions and some suggestions:

Does the Recroom view come together based on who you choose in the Left and Right scene?

I think that the foreground and background choices should be limited based on the scene itself. You don't need the briefing room background for the recroom scene.

In some cases the background should be fixed. For example:
Going through the images created for the recroom scene there are only five seated choices for left and five seated choices for right.
Left: Doomsday, Iceman, Maniac, Paladin, Spirit.
Right: Angel, Bossman, Hunter, Jazz, Knight.

So left characters should have a fixed background for left and right should have a fixed background of right.

Also note that whenever Maverick speaks he has the opposite background of the side he is speaking on.

Character and the text color should be tied together.

I hope you saw my unknown value comment too.

delMar said
Shades2585 said:
I'd be glad to.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Keep up the great work. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems I am a little bit slow-witted these days.
Does it work now?
I'm confused because you answered my question "Could it be that you're copying the file to the wrong directory?" with yes.

I have downloaded your BRIEFING.000 file to my computer. And it works.
I'll attach the file which works for me here. Please check if it also does for you.

My answer was actually "No"; I copied all the game files to another directory and launched from the shortcut in there (which I have changed the path of). I tried again and it still didn't work.

My answer was actually "No"; I copied all the game files to another directory and launched from the shortcut in there (which I have changed the path of). I tried again and it still didn't work.

Maybe somebody else could please download the briefing.zip file I posted above and extract it into the wc1 gamedat folder?
I'm clueless...

Does the Recroom view come together based on who you choose in the Left and Right scene?
Yes

I think that the foreground and background choices should be limited based on the scene itself. You don't need the briefing room background for the recroom scene.
Right.

In some cases the background should be fixed. For example:
Going through the images created for the recroom scene there are only five seated choices for left and five seated choices for right.
Left: Doomsday, Iceman, Maniac, Paladin, Spirit.
Right: Angel, Bossman, Hunter, Jazz, Knight.
So left characters should have a fixed background for left and right should have a fixed background of right.
Well, there's no reason why Hunter shouldn't be allowed to sit on the left side in your own campaign.
So, nope, don't agree.

Also note that whenever Maverick speaks he has the opposite background of the side he is speaking on.
Really? Did not notice that. Interesting :)

Character and the text color should be tied together.
Don't agree here, because in some briefing scene, Halcyon talks about Spirit.
Spirit's head is shown while he talks, so the text is shown in Halcyon's color.

I hope you saw my unknown value comment too.
Yes, I have read that. Interesting idea.
When I created my demo-scene, I just inserted random values but your expected result did not appear.
So I think we'll have to continue investigating on this one.

Have you published your script somewhere in it's current version?

Thanks for your feedback, Shades.

Short progress update:

I have spent most of the holidays with my family, so that's the reason for the lack of updates.

Holidays are about to be over soon, but there's another issue that needs solving first.
The current technical basis of the user interface does not allow for the flexibility I wish for.
So there's two possible ways to continue:
1) creating new features and getting them to work in the UI somehow
2) browsing and googling for a more fitting UI framework and then continue to develop new features without being held back by lacking UI capabilities.

Evaluating different frameworks can unfortunately not be done by just reading reviews.
It's special features I need, so I have to implement some kind of prototype each time I want to know, how capable a framework is.
That takes time.
I hope that by the end of january I will be able to continue development at 450kbps at least.

Well, there's no reason why Hunter shouldn't be allowed to sit on the left side in your own campaign.
So, nope, don't agree.
Ideally that would be nice but if you look at the images of each character each image has part of the background of their respective side. Hunter for example has part of the right chair and right wall. So to put him in the left seat his image would not tie into the background. I found this out extracting the images and placing them in Photoshop to create images for my new scripts.

I'll attach an image so you can see what I'm talking about. Hunter is now on the left and Maniac is now on the right. You'll notice their images doesn't fit into the background scene.

Don't agree here, because in some briefing scene, Halcyon talks about Spirit.
Spirit's head is shown while he talks, so the text is shown in Halcyon's color.
I'm not sure if that is not a mistake in the scene as I was watching centurianmudpig's video of SM2(?) and one scene showed Spirit but with Bossman's color. In my compiling of the "phonetics dictionary" I've seen lots of scenes where the phonetics do not match the text. So I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Have you published your script somewhere in it's current version?
Not the current version. I'm still working on adding the encounters for each mission so it can be used as a game guide as well. The information is all added but I haven't settled on the layout of that part yet.
I also want to work on the background image. But your feedback on the one I posted in this thread would be helpful.

I will post the McAulifee Phonetics this week.

Attachments

• Recroom.jpg
    Recroom.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 154
Ok, I did not think about that left/right issue before.
Thanks for pointing that out.
I will try to implement that into the editor soon, then we can check if the engine is capable to compensate this or if it's the same as with your photoshop edit.

I'm not sure if that is not a mistake in the scene as I was watching centurianmudpig's video of SM2(?) and one scene showed Spirit but with Bossman's color. In my compiling of the "phonetics dictionary" I've seen lots of scenes where the phonetics do not match the text. So I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.
Check out the first briefing. Halcyon introduces Spirit as your wingman.
Spirit's head and Halcyon's color.
Makes perfect sense in my opinion.

I will post the McAulifee Phonetics this week.
Looking forward to checking it out

Shades, here is the picture with Hunter on the left side and Maniac on the right side.
As a second sample, I swapped Angel and Paladin (the setup of S1M1).

My opinion is, that unless you're aware of the fact that something is not correct, you won't notice.
It seems as if the persons were a bit less far away than on your photoshop sample.
Maybe it's possible to introduce additional images, so we could add a mirrored version of each pilot. This way they would not have to look into opposite directions.

So I'd let workshop users decide who should take which chair and make all combinations available.

Comments welcome.

Also, I have updated the workshop.
Everybody should now be able to change the recroom setup by clicking on the according mission.

Thanks for the phonetics, btw.
I have already downloaded the latest version.
I hope to find the time soon to create some kind of generator which fills the fields automatically based on your file.

Attachments

• wc_001.png
    wc_001.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 144
  • wc_002.png
    wc_002.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 148
Back