WC Versions list

Ebay would be the best place to find someone that ships to Brazil. You can try half.com, but you'll need someone on the US to send it to you.

I've gotta friend doing her Biology doctorate near Chicago. Her specialty: Bugs... ironic.
I can ship pretty much anything not very bulky to her house there and she can mail it to me or bring along next time she visits us. Which should take a long time...

She can mail it to you, too. My advice is to open the box and send the CDs/DVDs and the Box in 2 different packs, on different times. This minimizes the chance of paying large taxes. However, given your score on the political compass, you should be eager to make your contribution, since by buying WC Armada from the US you are hurting Brazilian companies that make 8 years old WC Strategy/Space combat games. :p

Hey, the Sega CD WCI had full voices for everything. First WC game I ever played. Good off-platform release.

FM Towns

Long story short, a 386-based Japanese market computer system, built specifically for games, with its own GUI-based OS.

Yup. It was also (one of?) the first commercial computers to use a CD-ROM drive (and therefore multimedia stuff). That earned the FM Towns version of Ultima VI the honor of first full-speech game.

Its all a little odd. So many platforms for WC to be played on, why does it appear that the PC was the most lame of the lot??

I do not quite get it.

I personally feel that the PC version is the best, control and graphics-wise. Sega CD and SNES graphics aren't as good, plus the controls sucked (although SCD had speech). Amiga graphics weren't as good either. Super WC is just wacky. Don't know about CD32 or FM Towns, since I've never played 'em. Most importantly though, WC on PC had the Secret Missions, which according to LOAF's list, only FM Towns and SNES ported any of these over. WC without Secret Missions is like a day without sunshine. :p

Sorta. SWC had SM1 and what's unofficially called SM1.5, an SWC-exclusive mission set to hunt down the facilities used to build the Sivar dreadnaught that zapped the Goddard colony. Only the PC version had SM2.

Which is absolutely great and important: you get to fly a Dralthi, it introduces Ralgha, Thrakhrath, Jazz, Doomsday, Bossman dies, Angel becomes Wing Commander. So I'd say, PC has a big advantage here.

Really? :eek:

But ha, I bet the Firekkans aren't introduced! :) Or are they...?

Edit: Damn, I have Super Wing Commander at home for a year or more but I never tried that Basilisk emulator out. I really should try it...

Back