Wc V ending

Lorroberty

Spaceman
I've seen the finale scene a few times but I'v never seen Maniac in that scene... so that's the problem:
I think Maniac should die in the last flight with blair, cause he isn't present in the expansion of Wc V (I think, cause i've never played it) nd he's never mentioned in the finale scene
what do you think about?

The finale was filmed to allow various characters to 'die', if the game designers later felt it necessary. Maniac does, however, show up in the Secret Ops fiction supplements -- so we know he survived.

The problem with trying to kill off Maniac is that, for one, he's invincible (Except in his career). Maniac leads a charmed life. He pulls wild, crazy, stupid stunts and never gets a scratch because, well, he's Maniac. Anything short of being killed by an angry human over something Marshall has done (outside of the cockpit) would be really out of character for him.

Bandit LOAF said:
The finale was filmed to allow various characters to 'die', if the game designers later felt it necessary. Maniac does, however, show up in the Secret Ops fiction supplements -- so we know he survived.

Thank you for the answer...but two more question:
1. So, if Maniac surviveved what does he do in SO?(e.g. is he still a major, is he still fliyng...and so on)
2.(a little off-topic)why you don't include a little summary of the storyline of the episode in the Game guides?

Maniac attends to the burial of Blair or something like that. He isn't in game.

he probably attended the burial of the remains of threads debating blair's death.

I didn't make the game guides, so I have no idea (G)

And no, he's not flying in SO -- he's lobbying the senate (G)

I think it would be cool if Maniac showed up in a Privateer installment. After finally having been kicked out of Confed for still being a Major, or failing to pass physical flight requirements, he decides to continue flying however he can. He's said in numerous games that when he goes, he's going to go in a cockpit. Why not let him tutor your green-as-grass chracter in Privateer for a bit first? Be your business partner, show you the ropes, etc. Then he can either die, setting up an easy revenge plotline, or finally really retire after a close scare, confining his missions to low level runs over bar girls he has no chance with.
The second option appeals more to me, since the WC Universe needs Maniac, or at least the idea of him, and frankly, we all know from experience he's too good to actually die in the cockpit. Perhaps he could be a tutor and then later a fixer? That would certainly keep him around long enough to justify his existence in a game.

I don't think any sane Academy leader would allow Maniac to teach green pilots.. Perhaps a guest speaker, though.

But Maniac is obviously Confed-for-life, a career man. He made it past the demilitaration purge after the War, and by Prophecy he had gotten high up in his years as a fighter pilot. Either he'll retire or eventually recieve a new posistion within the military.

Not really. He was the leader of a small group of test pilots. He wasn't exactly expected to train them. Well he did anyhow, but thats Maniac...

I haven't played SO2 in years, but I seem to remember a line about "Confed thinks that my flying style is indicative of how the next generation of pilots will outfly the kilrathi." I know that's nowhere near verbatim. I doubt Marshall knows the meaning of the word 'indicative'

Maverick: What exactly is this Wild Eagle squadron?
Maniac: They’re an elite group of test pilots under my command. They want me to train them how to fly exactly like I do in combat.
Maverick: You mean Confed High Command actually approved of training pilots to fly the way you do?!
Maniac: Some have already said that the Wild Eagles may be the model for the fighter pilot of the future.
Maverick: You know, Todd– People say a lot of things...

You know, back in the day, I really did expect to see Maniac in Privateer (not really possible, but I was less of a fan back then). Kind of a Han Solo type who was reckless and running guns or something.

overmortal said:
The problem with trying to kill off Maniac is that, for one, he's invincible (Except in his career). Maniac leads a charmed life. He pulls wild, crazy, stupid stunts and never gets a scratch because, well, he's Maniac. Anything short of being killed by an angry human over something Marshall has done (outside of the cockpit) would be really out of character for him.

I remember opening fire on his ship and killing him when I got fed up with his disobeying me in WC1

HAHAHA!
Todd Marshall as an flight trainer for greenhorns! That´s humor (black and british).
But (hihi) the bigger joke is :
"Admiral of the Confederation" Todd Marshall ... just imagine (replac WCIV Admiral Tolwyn with Marshall)
(rofl)

Back