WC:T Waterloo WIP

Chevieblazer

Spaceman
ok, here's a wip of the waterloo, currently at 3059 polies. i'm not too sure about the back and keel section, since i found no refernce to those:

Attachments

• waterloo1.jpg
    waterloo1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 109
  • waterloo2.jpg
    waterloo2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 91
yeah, cute, that's something I've gotten also. Your take on the Waterloo is similar to... lets say Tonka's take on the average truck; big and accentuated shapes.

Attachments

• 901473124f03_Main400.jpg
    901473124f03_Main400.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Silouhette.jpg
    Silouhette.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 101
Use Marc's outlines as guides, his Waterloo seems to be even more accurate than mine (in that it's basically the same, but with the addition of the little red lights we see in WC2 :p).

Chevieblazer said:
ok, is that a poem? by whom?

It is a poem, I don't by whom. It goes,
Water, Water, everywhere
Nor any drop to drink.

It refers to sailors who are marooned in the open sea. Ocean water is salty and not drinkable.

:(

The famous "water, water, everywhere, nor any drop to drink" is from Coleridge's Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. The joke here is that it's been Wing Commanderized for this thread about Waterloos... and then again when you asked what it was from (Colonel Mariner was the Space Forces commander at Ghorah Khar in 2667).

ok, the waterloo is done and ingame.
it has 3 tripple neutron turrets, 10 laser turrets, 2 torpedo launchers and a fighter capacity of 40

Hmm, why are some of these images cropped? One of the best things about in-game screenshots is actually seing how everything looks like in-game. Nexus has a really neat HUD that seems to be just outside the border of most of the shots.

for several reason
biggest one is the size argument, but also, there are some things i don't want to give away
also, it gives a better focus on the ship in questions, and sometines(like the rapier shot) they come in upside down, which makes everything look real weird

I don't think there's been much of an argument for limiting full pictures to a few dozen kilobytes since 1999. Correctly orienting your ships and avoiding stuff you don't want to give away is easy enough too. If you want to focus on a ship, you can just take a shot without tons of stuff going on in the background. If we want to just see the ship, we have the early renders. Once the ship is ready and in the game, I think most of us want to see how the game looks with the ship in it.

Back