wc:t spikeri corvette wip

Chevieblazer

Spaceman
afaik, there is no pic referances of this ship, so here's how i thought it might look.

it will be armed with two neutron guns in the "mandibles" and four laser turrets

Attachments

• Spikeri1.jpg
    Spikeri1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 83
  • spikeri2.jpg
    spikeri2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 75
BradMick said:
i mean, god...even fleet tactics has a picture of this guy.

yes, which is why i chose to ignore it, after the canonity problems i ran into with other FT ships and stats(like the 320 meter caernaven or the gettysburg model;) )

This one's real, though - nobody other than Origin themselves would rip a ship's wings off and claim it is actually another ship... except Freelancer, which somehow still got away with that trick even thought it wasn't the 90's anymore. :p

Ptarmigan said:
The Spikeri does look like a Sabre. An oversized one.
No, you don't quite understand - the Spikeri is a Sabre. It's the same model, minus the wings.

It's not the only such case, either - the SWC Snakeir is a wingless version of the Priv Kamekh.

There's no Spikeri in Super Wing Commander - that rendering is an unused 3D model. Fan projects certainly aren't bound to the conjecture that it could be a ship which exists nowhere in the continuity.

(Of course, the same can be said for the Spikeri itself, which is not a "canon" name for anything, much less a corvette with the elaborate backstory Fleet Tactics gives it.)

Quarto said:
No, you don't quite understand - the Spikeri is a Sabre. It's the same model, minus the wings.

It's not the only such case, either - the SWC Snakeir is a wingless version of the Priv Kamekh.

SWC Snakeir kinda looks like the carrier in WC Armada.

Looking at the first pic, if you put it standing up and give it a head, it might look like a robot from a japanese series. The cannon thinguies in the front become shoes.

Delance said:
Looking at the first pic, if you put it standing up and give it a head, it might look like a robot from a japanese series. The cannon thinguies in the front become shoes.

i don't suppose you know the citroen commercial where the ugly egg-shaped car transforma into a dancing robot?

Yeah, movies take a while to make. There's movies scheduled for 2008 releases already. The Wing Commander movie was in the works for more than three years prior to its release.

Back