WC Standoff launching problem

Ludi

Spaceman
Hi,

after the intro when i entred my callsign i get kicked to windows with this error:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: standoff.exe
Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 360ac590
Fehlermodulname: StackHash_6353
Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 00000000
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 00000000
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 6353
Zusatzinformation 2: 635312374f4005b5c514f44e6e6dbc84
Zusatzinformation 3: 5b41
Zusatzinformation 4: 5b41e0ca91f07888932be3d11f4f5b58

already tried the win 95 compatibily mode and the second win fix in the options but no changes here...

i m using win 7 64 bit and an modified WC SO version (openGL patch.. and it works fine with prophcy und SO)

thanks.​

Hi there. Sorry to hear you have problems running Standoff. Have you let the launcher install every automatic update available ? I remember having fixed a few compatibility settings issues for 64-bits systems in the lastest patches...

yes i let the updater install to... i think 1.33... then no new update message did appear

i have installed SO and standoff to C:\Program Files\Origin Systems\Secret Ops

i m using the opengl mod for Secret Ops and Prophecy so maybe there is a problem in compatibility??

this one --> OpenGL Patch

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, first thing first: you should avoid installing old games like Prophecy and Secret Ops in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", else Windows may try to sandbox the modifications into a virtual folder redirection, which can cause problems. Uninstall Secret Ops, reinstall it in a folder like "C:\Games\Secret Ops" or something like that. (if you feel confident enough in your IT skills you may move the folder and edit the registry keys accordingly, but just to be safe, better reinstall)

I made the most recent OpenGL patch compatible with Standoff/UE or any newer fan project if there is ever one, so it should not be a compatibility problem.

Oh and one last thing... you can check in the System properties -> Advanced tab -> Performance settings button -> Data Execution Prevention tab : make sure the first option (Turn DEP on for essential Windows program and services only) is selected.

Please check theses things out and report back !

Oh and one last thing... you can check in the System properties -> Advanced tab -> Performance settings button -> Data Execution Prevention tab : make sure the first option (Turn DEP on for essential Windows program and services only) is selected.
THIS should be the very top sticky post in every technical help message boards these days. No, make that a page that's shown before you even get access to any of these forums.

ok gonna try these hints out tomorrow .. i installed it to C:\Program Files because prophcy wont except another option.. dont know why..

UPDATE: ok DEP option was correct

ok after reinstalling it to it different folder it worked!! thanks a lot guys

ohh and a little question there is no download for episode 2 of secret ops right??

is it possible to download the standoff patches manually? I haven't found any on the standoff website.

The game launcher has an auto-patcher. You update through the launcher.

1.33 is the current version.

Well, the thing is, my patches are incremental and I wouldn't want people to install them in the wrong order and not get the intended result. If you tell me exactly what you want I will reply in a private message.

Besides, I really should make a new full install package, that'd make it much easier.

I know I and others have already said thanks to Pete and the rest of the crew a thousand times, but seriously you guys are amazing. How often do you get personal aftermarket care like this?! Relentless, diligent, often without being thanked -- and unpaid!

Back