WC sounds effects

Shrike

Spaceman
Does anyone have the WC weapon sounds extracted? Or if not, could someone tell me how I could go about getting them out of the game? Currently I have WC3 and Prophecy available.

Thanks.

I don't know about WC3, but WCP is easy enough. I think the relevant file is AUDIO.TRE - extract IFFs(?) using HCl's TREMAN.EXE, then convert them to WAVs with his Audio Tool.

How hard is it to convert WC3/4 and Prophecy ships to .3ds format? I'm sure it's two different animals, but what I would need to do so would be nice to know. I especially want the Kilrathi capital ships. ;) Unfortunately, there's no copies of them online.

To get prophecy format ships into 3ds is quite easy. Get the 3d exploration plugin and texconv (both on Thomas page). Off course you will need 3d exploration.
Most WC3/4 ships are already available for WCP.

Uhh, could someone either link me to treman.exe or else send me a copy of it? I couldn't find it on HCl's page. :(

Hmm...i believe it was from Pete. Doesnt know where hes site is anymore...
If you want, give me your e-mail and i will send it to you.

Treman.exe was created by me.. it was on the Archive section of my site, but that's off-line for the moment. I should be able to put it back online on the next site update (soon). Shrike, if you need me to e-mail it to you, drop me a line.

Mario Brito
(HCl)

Back