WC Ships

Bellend

Spaceman
What's everyone's all time favourite and worst ships out of all the games? My favourites the WC3 Excalibur. Took out four dralthi's without even having to maneaver to aquaire a new target once. Must say my least favourite is the Longbow though. Damn sluggish controls.

That's a tough one. I'd have to say my facorite is the Dragon. Great armorment and munerverability as weel as a nice design. My least favorite is....I'm tempted to say Epee since I don't really care for it but that title would have to go to the Vampire. Sure it's got a nice weapons loadout but I always seem to overcompensate. It's really anoying, especially if you only fly the fighter once in a why as you do in the games.

------------------
They've got use surrounded. Poor bastards.
http://www.sballiance.com/cgi-bin/UBBCGI/Ultimate.cgi
Try it. What could it hurt.

yeah.. the vampire's got too much yaw (or pitch.. I keep getting those words mixed up) Tell you the truth, I prefer the Panther. It's got better arnaments IMHO and it handles like magic.

My favorite fighter would have to be the Thunderbolt VII/VIII, in WC3 and WCSO, respectively (the latter using the WCP/SO editor). Heavy guns, good shielding/armor, and a torpedo for whacking those occasional pesky warships that get in your way. The missile loadout isn't the best, especially compared to the umpteen zillion missiles of a 'black' Vampire, but overall the ship still kicks hard-core a**.

As for the worst ship, to me it's the Epee. Yes, the particle cannons hit hard, but their slowish refire rate makes it annoying. As for the armor/shields, if you wrapped the ship in toilet paper you'd double it's armor value. Why they think such a weak-a**ed ship can act as a strike craft is beyond me, considering you need to be able to take a few hits while waiting for torpedo lock since you can't maneuver much while on a run.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 12, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite has to be the Raptor. I don't know why, it was just an awesome ship. My least favorite has to be the Hellcat. It was mediocre in every area, and it just plain made me mad flying it.

------------------
"He has warrior spirit. It will be the death of him." Prince Thrakhath - End Run

[This message has been edited by Tailburn (edited January 12, 2000).]

My favorite ship has to be the T-Bolt and the Baneshee, the Baneshee has great manuvering and speed + good missile loadout. And the T-Bolt is Just cool
smile.gif
. The most hated ship IMHO is the Vampire, sure missiles and guns rock but there is to much manuvering on the things YAW, and that really sucks.

BTW about the Epee thing.... Death: what kind of toilet paper? double or triple sheet?

Favorite: Black Wasp, the guns are to die for , and the missiles are great (8 Swarmers I love those)

Least favorite: Eppe, that has to be the worst ship I ever flown in WC.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

My favourites are the Centurion (decked out with steltek cannons), the Danrik (with raven lasers), Excalibur, Dragon, Panther.

least favourites: Epee!, Ferret.

And the one that makes me laugh: that asteroid fighter, ka'ha'haf or something like that.

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Personally I love the Vampire...the only ship with more speed and manoeuvrability is the Devil Ray. Sure the *Pitch* is a bit twitchy, but if you fly it a few times in the Sim before a mission you can do wonders...there is nothing like having a bug fighter behind you and then suddenly pulling up and looping behind it, guns blazing. Plus all those missiles and that heavy gun loadout make it a dream to fly.

The Shrike on the other hand...I not only hate, but ditest with a vengence. I was so glad when I first got hold of WCPEdit so I no longer had to fly that poor excuse for a ship. Its guns are too widely spaced for my tastes, it's missiles too mixed and it handling just awful. Give me a Devastator any day of the week and all day Sunday for bombing.

------------------
'For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky'.

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions
http://saturn.spaceports.com/~wcsom/index.html

If some significant changes were made, maybe. But the SO T-bolt is the same ship with different guns and missiles.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

My favorite ship was the Hornet, but now it's the Pirana (sp?)
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

I hate the bloody hornet, but if i were in a confed war era squadron i would want to fly the T-Bolt. It is a fighter/Bomber, good armor, armament, and good manueverability for its size. It also looked really cool.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Umm...the Vampire will have increased pitch and roll rates...NOT yaw....due to the maneurevable pods.

Pitch is up and down
Yaw is side to side
Roll...well....it's spinning on your velocity axis.

The Panther has the enhanced yaw rate...and the Pirahna has the enhanced roll rate.

Fav ship? Dragon or Vampire I guess...although a lot of them were really cool
smile.gif

For me its a tie for my fav. Dragon and Banshee they have cool designs and just the right armaments

Least fav. Epee I just think they plain old suck

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

If you got the time to get used to the controls being so touche the vampire is extreamly nice(although i'd like to flip out those particle cannons with a dust cannon) but since u usualy dont have the time to get used to the vampire i would say black panther is best, that thing just rawks only time i've ever died on it was when damn cerberus shot me with plasma cannon

worst ship:
prob a tie between epee, pirana and all the ships in wingcommander prophecy except vampire because.. well there guns just sucked

Romale sayz
>worst ship:
prob a tie between epee, pirana and all the ships in wingcommander prophecy except vampire because.. well there guns just sucked<

WHAT? The Piranha isn't that bad, and about other fighters, I like the CMDs on the Tigershark, and the RPs, the Wasp is great, and both bombers are very good. Devastators guns do suck though.

------------------

Me to, but the Vampire and Wasp are better. The Panther could be better if she had Mass Drivers instead Ion guns.

------------------

Back