WC Ships Renders

Venom

Spaceman
I was searching for some stuff in my old bakup dvds, when i found some renderings made time ago for a never finished WC project.
These are 20 confed models, modified versions of the original ones and some others redraw by myself.

So, have a look! :D

Attachments

• Birds_Squadron.jpg
    Birds_Squadron.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Black_Squadron.jpg
    Black_Squadron.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 288
  • Bounty_Squadron.jpg
    Bounty_Squadron.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 277
  • Green_Squadron.jpg
    Green_Squadron.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 279
  • Red_Squadron.jpg
    Red_Squadron.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 258
These are quite nice, even if the colour schemes are a little garish (that's okay, I'm hopeless at creative design, so my opinions here don't count).

I see what you were doing with some of the original designs too.

They are indeed nice looking aside form a hand full of ships I think were made just for the project there all cool looking. They look like a merging of all wing commander games.

I like how you show the similarities in the families of spacecraft here.

Got any info on what the original craft (Falcon, Dagger, Ghost) would have been like?

The project was shoot'em up like "Raptor", where you can buy a new ship and upgrade it, the new models were done to fill "role" holes...

The stats are in "arcade" style, taking into account that a wraith (one of the best ships ingame) have a speed of 10, armor 5, power 7 (used for energy "smartbombs" and shield recharge rate) and shield 6...

Here some screens of the project and some "tech" renders of the new models... ;)

Attachments

• Dagger.jpg
    Dagger.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Falcon.jpg
    Falcon.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Ghost.jpg
    Ghost.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 198
  • screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 227
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 211
Looks very interesting...

Looks very interesting... I really would like to play this game... I've spent lots of time playing Raptor and I loved 2D shooters :D

That looks so fun and cool it would be lots of fun to play. I do love me some 2D shooters but is Raptor a game or is it a ships name I thought it was the ships name. But if it’s a never finished project are trying to start it yourself or try and get the ones how made it to start it up again cause it be cool to at least have something to play with on the project but that’s just me.

That looks so fun and cool it would be lots of fun to play. I do love me some 2D shooters but is Raptor a game or is it a ships name I thought it was the ships name.

Raptor: Call Of The Shadows was a very cool top down shooter game, from several years back, and this looks even better.

I second the the keep going suggestion. I really kind of miss games like Raptor and UN Squadron and the idea of being able to buy and sell your fighters would be really cool.

Is there any more profile shot like the ones for the Dagger, Falcon and the Ghost and are thoughts in games shot mean there was a working demo of it or is the just the programmers show there work.

There is a working demo focused on engine, ai and gameplay.
By now i'm polishing the code and the package to upload a tech demo, probably this weekend or next week, depending on how much spare time i'll have. ;)

That's cool! It's easy to miss the squadron markings on the fighters in the games, it's a shame they didn't make a deal out of transferring between different squadrons after the first game.

Thank you for this ... I'll take a closer look at this game. It looks like STARGUNNER... an old DOS game I've bought lots of years ago :D

Yeah, it's an awesome little game, especially the gold version. I've played through it several times and still replay it every now and then. Even after you've played through it once there's always new (and old) weapons, ships and secrets to explore.

And of course, it having a soundtrack by Machinae Supremacy doesn't hurt.

By now i'm polishing the code and the package to upload a tech demo, probably this weekend or next week, depending on how much spare time i'll have. ;)

Thanks I cant's wait to see more of this!

Yeah, it's an awesome little game, especially the gold version. I've played through it several times and still replay it every now and then. Even after you've played through it once there's always new (and old) weapons, ships and secrets to explore.

And of course, it having a soundtrack by Machinae Supremacy doesn't hurt.

I downloaded the demo yesterday but still didn't have too much time for testing. But it looks very good I think I'll buy it :D

Wrap it up and send it as a CIC Birthday present. :p

looks pretty sweet - reminds me more of tyrian and raptor than jets n guns (though i have to admit that jets n guns has a permanent place installed on the pc in case i need the thrill of mindless r-type action :D)

I always get stargunner and starhammer confused, which one is the apogee game and which is the 2d one (with vague WC overtones)?

Back