WC Saga shortnews

Originally posted by Eder
For fighters, it can be anything up to 1200 triangles. Fighters don't really slow the game down unless you have dozens of them.

You can have more than 1200 polys in a fighter, if you make separated meshes (wich cant have more than 1200 polys), and you just need to add the following to the ship iff before the "expl" chunk:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORM "PART"
{
CHUNK "DATA"
{
cstring "hardpoint" // name of the hardpont the extra mesh
// will attach to in the base mesh
cstring "mesh" // name of the new mesh
long 0 // x axis rotation
long 0 // y axis rotation
long 0 // z axis rotation (doesnt works)
}
}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the difference from a part to a capship component, is that it cant be targeted separatedly from the base (main hull) mesh...and it cant rotates :p.

Oh, yeah, I had forgotten about parts. Probably because I've never needed them :p
For the Hakaga I needed more than 1200 polygons for the hull, but then what I did was put like half of the hull into the bridge component. Since all of the universe's torpedoes won't kill the damn thing, the player won't be able to tell one component from another :)

--Eder

Something about the Carrier.
The carrier is made with thing in mind that it will be used by the Black Lance. Since the Black Lance ships alle have this "Stealthy" look the carrier is also made with this "sharp" designe. About the details...I will see if I can get the engine rounder, without ingreasing the polycount to much ( the converter dosn't like to much polys, but FS2 can handle more )
About details like Antenas, I think it would be futile in Battle to let them hang around outsite the ship. Wouldn't it be better when durging fights the antenas are inside the ship?
About what I think you call the bridge...that isn't the bridge^___^
Its what everyone should think, especial the Kilrathi. Why don't you like the "bridge"? For me its ok so.
Someone said I should model some windows in it. If this would be a model for a Movie I would do it, but not for a game.

Other thing, I have seen the Hakaga, very nice ship. Like to see it in action.
Beside that it seems as it is a very large ship and talking about large ships brings me to an other point...the Kilrathi Dreadnought for WC3. What would you like more a resized DN or the 22mk long killer it is?
Me and some other would like to use the 22km long variant (if FS2 support it) If you don't like it to be 22km long what size should it have? Maybe 2.2km, cutting a 0 away?

Originally posted by gevatter Lars

Me and some other would like to use the 22km long variant (if FS2 support it) If you don't like it to be 22km long what size should it have? Maybe 2.2km, cutting a 0 away?

If you could make it 22km long...that would be insanely cool!

Originally posted by Eder
For the Hakaga I needed more than 1200 polygons for the hull, but then what I did was put like half of the hull into the bridge component. Since all of the universe's torpedoes won't kill the damn thing, the player won't be able to tell one component from another

Cheater :p

Back