WC Saga:Freespace Demo or Full Game Engine?

avisolo

Spaceman
First off, would like to convey my thanks for all the good work you are putting into the mod!
Just a question:will the final release be based on the FS demo engine, thus circumventing the need to buy the full game? Or is it too early to tell?
Luckily was able to get the Freespace 1+2 white label pack for cheap and am enjoying the game :)
Cheers,
Avi
B00004TPRT.03.LZZZZZZZ

no it will be based off the full game - however you still won't need to full game because i will craft a "Base Pack" containing the bare minimum files from V - they don't seem to mind one little bit

Unregistered said:
no it will be based off the full game - however you still won't need to full game because i will craft a "Base Pack" containing the bare minimum files from V - they don't seem to mind one little bit

this has to be Kazan :D

OK we won't need the full game but will there be any benefits/side-effects/deficiencies, besides download sizes, between the 2 variants. Since I'm coming in late and Freespace 2 is at least 3 years old can't get it in stores anymore.

And I still see it in stores for ~5-10€ here in Germany. You have to look where all the cheap games are lying. ;) - And I can't imagine that you can still buy it here in Germany as some kind of classic game, but not in the USA.
But moonsword is right, ebay is still the best way, if you already looked every where ;)

A limited edition is comming. You can buy it now in the Volition online store... if you are quick...

Back