WC Prophecy: Win8.1 Movie Pack Files Have Audio without Video

Antix

Rear Admiral
I've been scouring these forums and related wikis in an attempt to determine how to diagnose this problem, but failing that have had to resort to asking this question. I have installed, in order, the GOG.com version of Prophecy, copied HCl's enhancement pack (without running install.exe), and run the latest OpenGL patch for WCP. I copied all VOB files into a directory called "movie." I had to do some tweaking of the OpenGL settings so that the game wouldn't crash (HDR threw me for a loop for a second), but the game itself runs fine. Only the movies aren't working quite right. The audio decodes fine, but not so much the video. This does not hold if I attempt to open one of them in VLC, but that won't get me very far. Installing AC3Filter also seems to have no effect. Any suggestions folks could offer would be appreciated.

Have you tried installing either the K-Lite Codec pack or CCCP's?

Avoid the smaller basic installs, they can lack certain features that the bigger packs have.

The K-Lite pack seems to have helped to a degree, although the videos are now squished vertically and black boxed in excess of the current boxing on the top and bottom. Is there a recommended codec pack and configuration for use with these files?

Back