WC Movie Sequel

Marcml30

Spaceman
When someone made a comment to the effect "If another WC film was made…" my first reaction was "And how bout that snowball in Kabul?" Now that I think about it though, there have been other (first) movies that haven't done well yet sequels were made from them haven't there? If I remember correctly, Highlander wasn't that big a hit yet developed a cult following and here we've had 3 sequels. Others?

Nothing compares to the botomless dorkiness of Highlander.

I remember the first Austin Powers only did alright in theaters and then did spectacular in rentals.

Hey! No insulting Highlander... unless it's Highlander 2... that was pretty pathetic... I prefer to just never speak of it! Hurrah!

TC

There was a low budget flick called Alligator and its sequel Alligator II. But this was a horror flick and they seem to churn out sequels in this genre regardless of the success of the original. BTW one of the previews they showed before Resident Evil was Jason X. This time he's a cyborg 500 yrs from now who chases a group of teens through a spaceship. I think most of the audience was in shock.

Originally posted by TC
Hey! No insulting Highlander... unless it's Highlander 2... that was pretty pathetic... I prefer to just never speak of it! Hurrah!

TC

I don't like to think of Highlander 3 either just was bad.One and four on the other hand I liked.

Originally posted by LeHah
I remember the first Austin Powers only did alright in theaters and then did spectacular in rentals.

Austin Powers 2 made more in its opening weekend than the first Austin Powers did in its entire theatrical run.

Originally posted by Elric
There was a low budget flick called Alligator and its sequel Alligator II.

Alligator II: The Mutation featured not only Brock Peters (the voice of Darth Vader in the NPR Star Wars Radio Dramas) but Holly Gagnier (WC4's Lt Velina Sosa)

You can always look to the Troma films like Toxic Avenger, that company has been pumpin' out bad movies for who knows how long! What's worse, is I think Toxic Avenger 2 did better than the first one. (How does that work?)

Some years back (when the inter-net wasn't *as* stupid, but still getting there) the hip cool thing was to put Mr. T in stuff. Like how repeating "all your base" until your mouth bleeds was a Really Really Good Idea (tm) for a while a year or so ago.

Raven.

Originally posted by mpanty
Highlander: The Series were the best IMHO...
Yeah, it was great. But then they pulled that Highlander: The Raven crap. [shiver] Anyhoo, I think a game with the movie actors(or their voices) would be interesting. Not cheap, but interesting.

if anyone is interested

I would love to see the next WC movie be completely CG like that Final Fantasy movie. While the story sucked root the animation of humans and ships was great. I sometimes still watch it for the spaceship sequences.

If it is done this way maybe it would not be hard to use the same models and things in a game.

Just my two cents worth.

I would like to see that all things are corrected. I have seen the Movie three times and the thing I realy don't like about the movie is that they had other ships. Being an oldtimer I have loved the Tigers Claw from the first time and I only wanted to see that ship in full glory in cinema.
Other thing that I hate more then the wrong ships are these Killrathi. I mean they have made better costums for them in the Game, why didn't they use it in the Movie?

So I dont want to have another Movie, but a good WC Game, with a better engine and more movies in better quality... and put all that on a DVD !!!!
Why the ... has no one made a good DVD game yet?
Origin/ Robert brothers, weak up, there is work to do. I would like to see that Wing Commander comes back to its old glory, being the reason why I have to buy a new PC. Forget the Movie make a game....
BTW, the movie wasnt that bad, I only like the game-movies more then the WC-Movie.

But if there should be a new movie I would like to see "End Run". Good book I thing.

Speaking of which, would you mind linking to the crazysexicool DVD Losing Endgame #2 with th Vesuvius fleet?

Pretty please? :D

Back