WC Movie Review Twenty Years in the Making (November 16, 2019)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
80s Baby recently posted their review of the Wing Commander movie in honor of the film's 20th birthday. Back in 1999, the author was fortunate enough to stumble on a double feature of Never Been Kissed and Wing Commander bundled together. She recounts her review as a memory of the events all those years ago. The recollections meander about as much as the reviewer did when the NBK credits rolled, but it's honestly not the worst WC Movie review I've ever read. At least there's no nerd complaining about sound in space! Check out the full article here.

Ah, memories. They can be hazy and hard to trust, but some of them — some of the lucky ones — stay trapped in your brain as crystal clear as the day the experience happened right before your eyes.

In 1999, I was living it up in one of the best cinematic years of my generation. I feel like I was at the movie theater every weekend that year, with extra trips to our “dollar movie” theater tacked on during the summer. I saw everything marketed to my exact demographic: She’s All That (3 times), 10 Things I Hate About You (6 times), American Pie (once, and I had to sneak in), among others.

My friends and I saw so many movies we even got invited to an advanced screening of the film Never Been Kissed — which was to be a FREE DOUBLE FEATURE with the Freddie Prinze Jr. and Matthew Lillard space vehicle, Wing Commander.

--
Original update published on November 16, 2019

Back