WC Movie promotional prints

Fontaine

Rear Admiral
Hey guys, I haven't posted in a long time but hope you're all doing well. I found some old 20th Century Fox promotional prints for the movie in one of my storage boxes and thought I'd offer it to someone here. Would anyone be interested in it? I'm a huge WC fan but life's getting in the way and I'd love for this stuff go to someone who can appreciate it.

Chris

Attachments

• WC prints.jpg
    WC prints.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 68
Cool!. I have one of these press kits but the one I have doesn't have the slides. IIRC there was more than one version and one included more of the Black and White prints than the others as well. What are you wanting for the set?

Cool!. I have one of these press kits but the one I have doesn't have the slides. IIRC there was more than one version and one included more of the Black and White prints than the others as well. What are you wanting for the set?

There are a bunch of variations, but there are two that are most familiar. There would've been different types depending on the outlet... there was a very simple one with three glossy prints that was distributed most widely to things like college newspapers. A fancier version with five (or seven?) glossy prints went to larger newspapers. But there would've been a variety of specialied ones that included slides (for magazines or papers printnig in color) and then versions with the EPK for TV stations and linear productions. The slides are difficult to track because it was the practice of most papers to archive them separately... so that sheet of them was usually divided up and filed away for reference (which is why the same pictures now show up in stock footage collections, they're the result of papers ditching their old slide archives).

There are a bunch of variations, but there are two that are most familiar. There would've been different types depending on the outlet... there was a very simple one with three glossy prints that was distributed most widely to things like college newspapers. A fancier version with five (or seven?) glossy prints went to larger newspapers. But there would've been a variety of specialied ones that included slides (for magazines or papers printnig in color) and then versions with the EPK for TV stations and linear productions. The slides are difficult to track because it was the practice of most papers to archive them separately... so that sheet of them was usually divided up and filed away for reference (which is why the same pictures now show up in stock footage collections, they're the result of papers ditching their old slide archives).

Do you happen to know if there is any reason there is a picture of Jennifer MacDonald? Is this from a different collection?

I believe it's unrelated, I've seen dozens of these over the years and they've never had a Jennifer MacDonald page (nor should they, of course!).

I'm going to bet it's a separate item the original poster bought at some point... both are exactly the sort of thing you come across on eBay and then file away like this.

I believe it's unrelated, I've seen dozens of these over the years and they've never had a Jennifer MacDonald page (nor should they, of course!).

I'm going to bet it's a separate item the original poster bought at some point... both are exactly the sort of thing you come across on eBay and then file away like this.
Thank you.

I wondered for a moment if this was a hint that they had at some point planned to shoehorn Flint into the movie. Wrong timeline and wouldn't make any sense of course. Would have been an interesting extra distraction for Blair I suppose.

Sorry for the late reply, I thought I would be notified when people replied here, my bad! I'm glad to hear at least a couple of people would be happy to have this. And yes, I don't remember anything now but I suppose it was fully possible that the Jennifer MacDonald headshot came from somewhere else and just happened to be filed together with this lot, since it's not completely different. So I guess consider it a bonus!

Thank you.

I wondered for a moment if this was a hint that they had at some point planned to shoehorn Flint into the movie. Wrong timeline and wouldn't make any sense of course. Would have been an interesting extra distraction for Blair I suppose.

Stranger things have happened... in fact, this exact scenario almost happened on Wing Commander Academy which was initially developed with Flint in the Archer role! (I believe she had moved on from acting before they shot the movie in 1998, though.)

Back