WC Movie on Sci-Fi?

Magnum

Rear Admiral
I seem to remember hearing that the movie will be on the Sci-fi channel fairly soon. When exactly will that be? Or, if my memory is wrong, let me know.

scifi?

I never much cared for the scifi channel to begin with. The only good things on it is the B5 reruns and the Chronicle.

and farscape, and the old original treks, and the old quantum leaps, and the old S:AAB occasionally, Some good scifi movies (including WC), Lex, and Invisable man

Yes, it'll be on. Sometime this month, IIRC.

Sci-Fi Channel is cool. Love the old reruns of Star Trek and Quantum Leap (Count Bakula is well liked in my house).

But Lexx is too weird for my taste.

Lexx is cool in that freaky kind of way.

FARSCAPE!! Now there is a show that kicks ass. Reminds me of P2 in some ways.

Re: scifi?

Originally posted by Wildshot
I never much cared for the scifi channel to begin with. The only good things on it is the B5 reruns and the Chronicle.

What?! Wheres Fantasy Island reruns? Where's the love? :(

Hes that kind of actor who no matter what part hes playing, hes always the same character. *cough*JeffGoldblum*cough*

Not Alex DeLarge or Travis?

I disagree Sup. Go watch If.... or see him in a recent film where he played a uncle big on collecting moss. :)

[Edited by LeHah on 08-04-2001 at 00:58]

I like the Sci-Fi channel.

I DON'T like Lexx, although this new season where they're at Earth has been quasi-intresting.

I used watch old Incredible Hulk reruns, but they stopped playing it. I still watch the old Trek reruns, Quantam Leap, SAAB when it's on, Sliders (although I haven't seen that in ahwile), Farscape occasionally, some of those "sci-fi exclusive" movies they play, like "Mr. Stich", and now I guess they're getting reruns of Earth: Final Conflict. I used to like that show, before became all weirded out. Pretty much when that Boone guy left is when it started to suck.

Sci-fi is a pretty good channel. There's often something on that's at least decent to watch, like MST3K or something. As long as B5 isn't on, I probably have Sci-Fi on.

Boone rocked. I can't believe the depths of crap that show hit after season 1.

I saw Lexx 2 or 3 years ago in Argentina, but Cinecanal only aired 4 or 5 ep. how the series or wathever these freak thing ended ??? was a mini-serie or a serie with 2 or 3 seassons ???

Lexx is still going on. I guess everyone who ran the show screwed with the order of the episodes and how many they aired.

Anyone catch that Dune miniseries last year on SciFi? That was pretty cool, but the desert sets were bad. A sequel miniseries is coming out soon. Probably next year.

Originally posted by Dralthi5
Anyone catch that Dune miniseries last year on SciFi? That was pretty cool, but the desert sets were bad. A sequel miniseries is coming out soon. Probably next year.

Yep, I saw it. And the desert sets were really bad... And from that series I frist saw that the Harkonnen had no Ram as symbol, what a shock...

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Yep, I saw it. And the desert sets were really bad... [/B]

If you watch the DVD, they interview the director. He says they scouted out locations in Tunisia, but decided not to for several reasons(although the foremost was $$$$$) and decided to shoot the exterior scenes in a sound stage instead.

Although you complain they look bad, I didn't think they were as bad as you say they are. In addition, they got a lot of nice lighting effects they never could've gotten in Tunisia or in post production. I particularely liked the nighttime desert in the sietches(sp)I understand your complaint, but i don't think its well grounded.

No, it's well grounded. And I watched the interview with John Harrison. IIRC, he says they didn't want to have to deal with the sandstorms that had plagued the production of The Phantom Menace.

Mekt: Aw, no ram for Mekt! :D

[Edited by Dralthi5 on 08-06-2001 at 23:30]

Back