WC Marine Corps feels discriminated!!!

No Regret said:
Voilà, another waste of space.

That's why you're a major
smile.gif

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, I have to buy those books!
tongue.gif

Those recoiless weapons TAFKAW mentioned are based on explosive charges like twentieth (sp?) century ones or are they "rail guns"?

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited July 28, 2000).]

That all depends on what sort of capship (Carrier? Transport? Destroyer?) we're talking about, and whose (Kilrathi? Confed?).

No, Marines are usually assigned to Marine transports and fixed bases and such. The concept of having a large group of Marines on the Midway was a new one -- and I seem to recall that your game takes place during the Kilrathi War. Admitably strike carriers did have security forces of Marines... 50, in the case of the Bengal class ships... but they weren't for what you want to do...

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

LOAF's Merry Guild

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

They do have Marines stationed in large carriers. At least the USS Enterprise has one large contingent. Primarily for security, secondary for keeping the peace. Trouble sometimes breakout in a big ship like that - racial blurbs

------------------
Turn me loose, Colonel.
This is what I live for!

Hmmm... Startrek has absolutely nothing to do with what happens in WC.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

I think its funny how we went from the original topic...to discussing Ziggy's alter ego.....then to trying to find out where Marines would be stationed. In the real world it was the Marines and Master at Arms that kept security aboard ships. Now the detail belongs to Seal Teams not on current missions aboard bigger ships like carriers. So if that helps or confuses I am glad or sorry as it applies.....

------------------
BLACKLION
Special Operations
"Kind of a bummer have your butt kicked by a dead guy!"

Do you think T.C.S:Cerberus would do as an aggressive transport?
smile.gif

Back