WC Marine Corps feels discriminated!!!

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately, I only figured it out after that incident
smile.gif
. Though in retrospect, there were a lot of things there that gave away his real intelligence - he simply pushed stupidity too far to actually be stupid
biggrin.gif

What's this WC: Revolution thing, anyway? Presumably, it was dead before my time
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my favourite:

i saw DOS (disk operator system) on tv once on a show on pbs that was about computers it looked really hard and confusing. unix looks neat though that's what the girl used in jurassic park to lock the door when the raptors were attacking the gang inside the building it had cool graphics and stuff, does anyone know where i could download that? does it work with Win95 and my TNT card?

Ziggy

Yeah, it was funny while it lasted
smile.gif

------------------

I can't help but wonder though, who the hell was that anonymous guy that told me it was you, Trelane
smile.gif
. I didn't really believe him at first, but then a closer look at Ziggy's posts got me thinking.

But man, you have a really twisted sense of humour
biggrin.gif

I've really got to ask this... but what the hell took you guys so long to figure it out?

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Some guys are smart enough to play dumb, then laugh as everyone else start picking on his 'ghost'. Could also be the 'dumb' part of him trying to break out
biggrin.gif
Oops!... lol

------------------
Turn me loose, Colonel.
This is what I live for!

[This message has been edited by JoeyRP (edited July 26, 2000).]

Quarto said:
I can't help but wonder though, who the hell was that anonymous guy that told me it was you, Trelane
smile.gif
. I didn't really believe him at first, but then a closer look at Ziggy's posts got me thinking.

I'd guess that it was Twister who told you. The only people that knew (as far as I know) were the CIC staff and select people from #WingNut. He's the only one I'd suspect to spoil the secret. (No offense intended, Twister
smile.gif
)

------------------
Making love with his ego Ziggy sucked up into his mind
Like a leper messiah
When the kids had killed the man I had to break up the band.

TC: I've seen more than enough blatant stupidity in people. Consequently, when someone acts stupid, I don't even entertain the thought that he might just be pretending. At least not until someone mentions the possibility.

Ziggy2 Stardust said:
I'd guess that it was Twister who told you. The only people that knew (as far as I know) were the CIC staff and select people from #WingNut. He's the only one I'd suspect to spoil the secret. (No offense intended, Twister
smile.gif
)

wowow, i didn't tell no one!come on man i could never betray you guys like that...

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Real WC fans support the WCESCRP

'E's right. The guy had an English-sounding name if I recall correctly, and it would be very strange if Twister had an English-sounding name
smile.gif

Aren't fléchettes small arrows?

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

No Regret said:
Aren't fléchettes small arrows?

Litterally, yes it could mean small arrow. But it usually designate darts, as in the game you find in some bars. NOT animal darts (like hornets) though.

------------------------------
Pierre 'PopsiclePete' Deshaies

Quarto said:
'E's right. The guy had an English-sounding name if I recall correctly, and it would be very strange if Twister had an English-sounding name
smile.gif

uhm...even though i wasn't the one who send you that msg, my real name is Tristan, that's an english name
smile.gif
Tristan was one of the knight of the round table, how much more english can you get
wink.gif

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.

I do think there are more Germans called Tristan than English people. I could probably be wrong of course, but I don't care. Voilà, another waste of space.

------------------
The time is near.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Jeez! I really fell for that one... I even tried to defend him
mad.gif
a few times. Well, never again! from now on I don`t trust anybody!
wink.gif

BTW, fléchettes, when used as a warhead for projectiles, is a pretty neat weapon. It contains 5000 little "arrows" which are actually nails with fins. The projectile opens at a predefined distance from the target and spreads the arrows at a 60 degree angle, shishkebabing the poor bastard who happened to be the target.
smile.gif
It is, however, quite useless in closed spaces.

Sort of like a shotgun. Part of what made flechettes so effctive is that the explosive charge seperating the flechettes was too powerful, twisting them into random chunks of metal. This coincidentally caused much more damage (although with not quite as much range) than the intended darts acting as darts. Dont ask me where I got this, but it sounds right... something about calibres and whatnot... right. what it boils down to is that the flechettes are less effective making neat little holes in something than ripping nasty lacerations into it. Not that many flechettes will hit an individual target unless well-aimed with a very close range blast, so they are generally used as an area-suppression weapon (Vietnam War) However, in the narrow corridors of ship-to-ship, a smaller flechette gun with a smaller blast cone would be quite effective (literally shredding the target as mentioned) although to get this power in a recoilless gun the backblast would be even more lethal to people behind you than the shell in front. (the danger zone for 3rd degree burns in the Vietnam era 120mm guns was something like a quarter mile). Fun things though, and Marathon Infinity used flechettes in a SMG (theoretically they would have better armor piercing qualities also)

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

No Regret said:
I do think there are more Germans called Tristan than English people. I could probably be wrong of course, but I don't care. Voilà, another waste of space.

i know Tristan isn't a very comen name, it aint Xectly John Smith if ya know what i mean
smile.gif

oh and it REALLY isn't german

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.

[This message has been edited by Twister (edited July 28, 2000).]

Isn't there a Tristan in some Wagner opera?

------------------
The time is near.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Back