wc:m theme

The opening credit sequence of the WC Movie was quite well done, though in retrospect it foreshadows the opening montage visually of Enterprise.

Deshrill said:
The opening credit sequence of the WC Movie was quite well done, though in retrospect it foreshadows the opening montage visually of Enterprise.

In that it has... scenes of things!

Now that's foreshadowing!

Yeah, you're right, Chevieblazer.

I meant to say how it was trying visually to show the frontiers of long distance travel over time through montage-- conceptually, both the WC Movie and the Enterprise openings are similar, though the WC Movie opening has the advantage of not being sullied by a pop song.

Does it?
The rapiers had some sort of machine gun in the nose, and the tiger claw fired huge missiles from it's broadside weapons, and I thought the kilrathi had similar weapons

Multiple barrels don't really equate to not being an energy weapon. And IIRC there is a lot of turret fire at the end when the fleet ambushes the Kilrathi.

The Rapier's centerline weapon is a gatling neutron gun. It also has a pair of lasers.

Other energy weapons are certainly featured in the movie -- in particular, anti-matter guns when the 14th Fleet blows up the Kilrathi capital ships as they come through the jump.

None of this is in the intro, though.

Does the starmap shown in the opening credits of the WCM (minus the Carybdis quasar) corellate to the starmap packaged with WCP?

Aside from probably having similar system names (Sol is the only one I can think of, off-hand), I'm pretty sure thats a resounding 'no'.

t.c.cgi said:
Multiple barrels don't really equate to not being an energy weapon.

true, but iirc the sound effects sound like a machinegun, complete with muzzle flashes
but it's been a while so maybe I'm remembering the sound effects wrong

regardless, I still like the movie, and especially that theme. One of the few non John Williams movie sound tracks I've bothered to buy

Back