WC inspired skin for IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles

TopGun

Vampire Ace
I've been experimenting with skin making for the PC flight sim IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles recently and one of the ones I came up with was this Hellcat V inspired one

WCIL-2Screenshot1.png

WCIL-2Screenshot2.png

WCIL-2Screenshot3.png

WCIL-2Screenshot4.png

I didn't put this in the Fan projects forum as I thought that was solely for WC stuff

Wish I could apply that to my Xbox 360 copy of IL2 Birds Of Prey. (Beautiful looking game but I need a bigger TV to play it...)

Still cool even if not directly WC. Are you thinking about doing one for the Thunderbolt or Hellcat?

I haven't got access to the Hellcat in my version of the game of the game, I need either Pacific Fighters or 1946 for that.

I will keep the Thunderbolt in mind though as i do have access to that

Thanks

Pacific Fighters is worth its cost, 1946 not so much IMO.

Anyway, cool skin, I'm a huge fan of flight simulations (nothing against arcade games, but I need it as realistic as you can get on a PC) and play IL-2 quite often.
And of course the best fitting planes would be either some carrier aircraft or some that share a name with WC-fighters.

F/A-18 Hornet
F-22 Raptor
Supermarine Scimitar
F6F-Hellcat
P-47 Thunderbolt OR A-10 Thunderbolt
AH-64 Longbow (that one might be fun in the Longbow paintscheme)
Avro CF-105 Arrow
F9F Panther
de Havilland Vampire
TBD Devastator
F8F Bearcat
F-86 Sabre
B-23 Dragon
TBF Avenger
F2H Banshee
SB2U Vindicator
Curtiss 18 Wasp

Although I fear most of them weren't featured in any games I know of....
Whatever, I had fun making the list^^ Did I miss one?

btw: I might do some skins for Flaming Cliffs 2/Black Shark in some time (not much time at the moment but I hope that will change soon), because I like your idea.

Back