WC Importers/Extractors

Iceblade

Admiral
Has there been any updates to the importer/extractor tools since 2005?

Namely to import parts from WCSO that include things like debris and various other features that have been added to FC in addition to more accurately importing these ships.

Yes, they've been updated. They might need a little tweak to deal with secret ops weapons. I don't have time to update to the SO stuff now, but maybe next month. In the mean, hold tight, and don't spend effort converting by hand.

I'm not real worried about weapons. They are easy enough to deal with (especially with the tag feature) by simply replacing incorrect tags with the right ones with the added weapons. Pretty simple stuff, really. Debris and possibly explosions are much more involved.

I'll send you the SO weapon entries when I get them all converted over the next couple of weeks.

Btw, how are handling the component reticules (those yellow boxes that surround the component on the ship inside the hud)? It seems to be consistently off by the same values on all capships.

Edit: Strange, I just noticed that my recently converted Murphy destroyer has component reticules that are almost in the correct positions (off by 50 or less units). My Plunkett however suffers from the Orca's problem.

I'm not real worried about weapons. They are easy enough to deal with (especially with the tag feature) by simply replacing incorrect tags with the right ones with the added weapons. Pretty simple stuff, really. Debris and possibly explosions are much more involved.

I'll send you the SO weapon entries when I get them all converted over the next couple of weeks.

Btw, how are handling the component reticules (those yellow boxes that surround the component on the ship inside the hud)? It seems to be consistently off by the same values on all capships.

Edit: Strange, I just noticed that my recently converted Murphy destroyer has component reticules that are almost in the correct positions (off by 50 or less units). My Plunkett however suffers from the Orca's problem.

The yellow targeting squares are computed from the mesh geometry. There's nothing in the XML that specifies the boxes. Could be a coding bug.

Hey, apparently the engine supports gif (animated) textures. Well, it appears to since the engine isn't complaining. (A little hard to tell actually what with the limited extent of animated bullets.)

Also, I took a closer look at the mat I was attempting to convert and it was an animation. I didn't the vision engine used animated bullets.

Hey, apparently the engine supports gif (animated) textures. Well, it appears to since the engine isn't complaining. (A little hard to tell actually what with the limited extent of animated bullets.)

Also, I took a closer look at the mat I was attempting to convert and it was an animation. I didn't the vision engine used animated bullets.

Yeah, by luck it does, but it will probably just use the first image of the animated gif. But you lose the alpha channel with animated gifs. So I prefer pngs. Be careful with what you extract, some mats have a transparency channel, but there's usually a corresponding lower-quality mat missing the transparency channel. The ones with alpha will look much better.

Back