WC III Configuration Help!!!!

The Punisher

Spaceman
Ok well I just got WC III in the mail finally. I couldn't wait to play it. I had no idea what to expect in the way of problems. I knew it ran in dos so I wasn't sure if I would have problems with that and I was scared I would have that "variable clock speed" problem i had with P2 that actually made enjoying that game sadly alot harder.

Well I loaded it up and went through the motions and bam!

It's working pretty well considereing what I expected. No superspeed which is nice. Fewwww. Anyway here are the problems I am having I really hope someone can help with them cause I just love this game.

I got the joystick configuration but it only asked to center the joystick? Not put it in the left corner and so on. is that wierd?

Anyway on to the problems.......

I've got a Sound Blaster Live X-Gamer Sound Card. So will somebody please tell what the best sound card to pick from their(wcIII's) menu is I can never figure it out.

And that other stuff about FX noise or something (it's the one under sound card) I have no clue what the right "io port" or "dma channel" is. I tried a few different ones and they just changed where the sound came out of my speakers. It didn't sound very good in any of them so I picked what seemd like a good one and kept going.

Finally got the game started. But before that I did change the control back to keyboard cause I use a programmable Joystick so i Might just need to change that back to joystick. The only problem I had with the joystick was that it didn't move but all the buttons seemed to work.

Last but not least the movies seem awfully pixellatted (large pixels) I know this is an old game but is there anything I might be missing I have got a great video card.

Anyway much thanks to anyone that can help me with all of the dumb problems. Of course they are pretty minor when I think of that I might have had to play this game using CPUKiller which really sucks.

So later :)

THE PUNISHER!

[Edited by The Punisher on 11-21-2000 at 21:28]

Nothing wrong with the joystick calibration routine; it just resets the center position to wherever the stick is now.

To find out the correct I/O and DMA settings, right-click on My Computer and select Properties. Hit the Device manager tab, and hit the plus sign next to "Audio, video, and game devices." You should see an entry for your sound card; double-click on it and hit the Resources tab. That'll tell you what you need to know.

Sadly, the movies are indeed pixellated in the PC version. They look much better in the PSX and 3DO versions.

Thanks Stinger,

ok so I did what you said about the io port....

take a look...

Input/Output Range ------- B400-B41F

Umm what the heck does that mean what do I put where I admit I am not very good at this....

What do you think? What do i put for IO port and dma channel

Thanks again

THE PUNISHER!

[Edited by The Punisher on 11-21-2000 at 22:15]

Crap ok I think i am screwed because I tried all the different control types keyboard, regular controller, thrustmaster, and flightstick pro. And none of them work with my joystick.

The buttons on the joystick work fine but there is no movement and the throttle won't work.

HELP! Please!

I am using A Microsoft Sidewinder Precsion 2

THE PUNISHER!

Ah don't even worry about it, stinger.

I went and dug out my old 3DO and WCIII and am just playing it for that.

But I actually do have some questions in my "WCIII 3DO" thread about things you can do on WCIII for computer that you can't do on the 3DO version.

Could use your help there :)

Thanks

THE PUNISHER!

Back