WC Game Plot Questions

Lunatic

Spaceman
Playing WCKS, I got to thinking:

How was the Concordia destroyed between WC2 and 3?
Why did Maniac get left behind in the end of SO2?
Why is Blair always getting the girls (Angel, Minx, Flint, Rachel) and not Maniac?

Oh, I just noticed that Ellen Guon (coauthor of some WC novels) was the scriptwriter for WCII. Cool!

Well......I'll be nice and answer one question for you. Leave some stuff for other people!

The destruction of the Concordia was explained in one of the novels. I just can't remember which one right now. Loaf could probably tell ya.

Oh, and Blair always gets the girls cause he's got the force! He just uses his Jedi miond tricks on all the women.

His fighter was bugged...so he eject but later S&R pick his pod.

Maniac have a good time with the scientist in WCIV and with many playmates in WCIII :D

The Concordia was damaged and no longer able so serve on the front lines, and while in some backwater system she was attacked by the Kilrathi forces and she tried to crash land on... Vespus I belive...

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Oh, and Blair always gets the girls cause he's got the force! He just uses his Jedi miond tricks on all the women.

That's quite a nice theory, but reason is certainly that the player would feel...let's say...fooled if Maniac would get all those girls and he would stay behind and...erm maybe flirting with the male pilots because of his desperation. That wouldn't be a funny game...

Didn't that scientist slap Maniac in WCIV? Even though, she still recognized Blair on sight, even though they never met.

Originally posted by Lunatic
Didn't that scientist slap Maniac in WCIV? Even though, she still recognized Blair on sight, even though they never met.

Maniac got a lot of snaps! The first as Blair sees him in the bar in WC IV, than later from that mentioned scientist, in Prophecy I think he also tried (unsucessfully) to flirt with a female officer,...his "sparkling repartee" seem not to work with women.

How was the Concordia destroyed between WC2 and 3?

She was ambushed during a rearguard action at Vespus -- Concordia was so badly damaged at the Battle of Terra that she was re-assigned to 'safe-sector' patrols...

Why did Maniac get left behind in the end of SO2?

It was a joke. He wasn't really left behind -- Paladin was still there.

Why is Blair always getting the girls (Angel, Minx, Flint, Rachel) and not Maniac?

Maniac was married twice -- Blair only once. <G>

Lunatic: "Didn't that scientist slap Maniac in WCIV? Even though, she still recognized Blair on sight, even though they never met."

Considering that they're stuck on a space station full of weapons of mass destruction and genetically engineered super killers I don't think she's going to waste time demanding his life story.

Originally posted by Napoleon
Who was blair married too? angel is never mentioned and niether in rachel as being his wife

in the novel it is mentioned that he was married. but i lost my first 3 (or4) chapter booklet :(

Blair married Rachel after WC3, but she ended up getting a divorce because of Blair's drinking problem.

Originally posted by Quarto
Blair married Rachel after WC3, but she ended up getting a divorce because of Blair's drinking problem.
Really?!! I would have thought he'd have stopped drinking after the war... he should have had more time for... other things other than drinking.

I'll never understand what's so good about alcohol...

I wont understand either, but he really got started drinking after the war. Guilt for having killed several billion Kilrathi when he blew up Kilrah. Took him a while to deal with that.

Oh, forgot about that. Plenty of fanfiction about that. Was the drinking problem described in the novels?

Back