WC Game Plot Questions

It was mentioned at the start of TPOF, but he had pretty much gotten it under control by then.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Wedge009
Really?!! I would have thought he'd have stopped drinking after the war... he should have had more time for... other things other than drinking.
Well, like Supdon said, he only really started after the war. Anyway, the books say very little about it, except that it's the reason Rachel left him.

We don't know who his best man was.

Blair was a full-blown alcoholic after the war... as opposed to someone who drank occasionally when he was in the service.

I'm not entirely sure he had it under control by WCIV -- look at what happened his first night on 'Lex... he definately picked up his slack during the crisis, though, and has presumably been better since.

As for the point of alcohol... although I'm no big fan, I can certainly see that in the case of pilots in WC it'd be necessary to help them relax given their situations.

They threw in that whole alcoholic thing as a tragic hero's vice thing. I work at a liquor store and see the dregs of society come in and out like the tide.

You kind of have to knock Blair down after each game -- or he starts off as a superman... (blamed for Tiger's Claw disaster in WC2, reassigned to Victory in WC3... alcoholic in WC4).

Well, I suppose every character has to have his kryptonite.
I was kinda glad when they introduced Casey in WC:p main because Blair was such a hero and larger than life, he was getting too big and maybe a smidge too old to keep playing up to his legendary status. Then again, Casey wasn't that great to begin with. Maybe they shoulda made a Wing Commander: Maniac or Wing Commander: Hawk or something.

Just as long as Sosa was in it, just for me! :D

Uh oh, I don't think I would enjoy being the Maniac. I think Casey was good as a 'fresh' new WC character, but the way he was portrayed in WCP wasn't the best. Blair was a newbie on the Tiger's Claw, but he was still greeted with respect... of course, how can you demand respect from someone like Maniac. :)

Originally posted by LeHah
Well, I suppose every character has to have his kryptonite.
I was kinda glad when they introduced Casey in WC:p main because Blair was such a hero and larger than life, he was getting too big and maybe a smidge too old to keep playing up to his legendary status. Then again, Casey wasn't that great to begin with. Maybe they shoulda made a Wing Commander: Maniac or Wing Commander: Hawk or something.

Just as long as Sosa was in it, just for me! :D

"What is he, a thousand years old or something?"
-Casey in WCP

Or something like that. Problem is that when you are
hero, everyone exepts that you solve the situation.
I liked WC 4.123... fanfic beacuse it showed
diffrent Blairs sides and made it funny too.
Still i would prefer Wing Commander:Kilrathi.
You start in kilrathi academy trying to pass it with
alive and then you are thrown to battle with crappy
fighter wihtout ejection pod.

A game where you *are* Maniac was never an option... a game where you take orders from him, on the other hand...

Not everyone wants to be a Kilrathi. People may have enjoyed TIE Fighter, and flying Kilrathi fighters in Academy and Armada was a nice novelty, but I wouldn't want to be a Kat in a 'main' WC game. Fly for them, perhaps, in a post-war context, but not as one.

That's an interesting distiction you make, Wedge. Why would you want to fly for them but not as one of them?

Originally posted by Quarto
That's an interesting distiction you make, Wedge. Why would you want to fly for them but not as one of them?

It would probably be in a situation where there was an officer exchange or something where your character would be flying off a kat ship against the Nephiliem.

Hmmm. I'm not sure I would want to be the token human on a warship full of psyched up Kilrathi warriors who still remember the war. :D

Best, Raptor

The Cats you meet in WC4 & Prophecy don't seem to hold grudges. OK, they're probably pleased for the help;) but they seem more concerned with the present situation.

I don't think they'd turn on a guest, not very warrior-like.

Originally posted by Raptor

Speak for yourself. :D I would love to fly as a Warrior of the Emperor.

Best, Raptor

That's right! Flying Kilrathi fighters against Terran ones would show how much skill you really have.

"Ek'rah skabak erg Thrak'Kilrah maks Rag'nith!"

I think any Confed personnel on an exchange program with the Kilrathi would be safe. This is because if the Kilrathi turned on their guests they'd be committing a dishonourable act and we all know how important honor is to the Kilrathi and what happens when their honor is besmirched.

Back