WC game movies

Viper61

Spaceman
I just downloaded HCl's movie veiwer and going through WC3. It's a blast getting to see all the movies again, especially some of the ones I missed on my half dozen play throughs of the game. Eisens elves chewing out had me rolling! :) And the maniac SAR rescue, was also priceless. I'm not even halfway through, so I'm sure I'll find more priceless moments. I just wanted to drop a line and tell anyone who hasn't downloaded the viewer or got it to work properly to do so. it's worth the time. Thanks Mario!

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61
I just downloaded HCl's movie veiwer and going through WC3. It's a blast getting to see all the movies again, especially some of the ones I missed on my half dozen play throughs of the game. Eisens elves chewing out had me rolling! :) And the maniac SAR rescue, was also priceless. I'm not even halfway through, so I'm sure I'll find more priceless moments. I just wanted to drop a line and tell anyone who hasn't downloaded the viewer or got it to work properly to do so. it's worth the time. Thanks Mario!

C-ya
wher can you download everthing at?

Ive always wanted to see that scene where The Commanding Officer of the Midway really gets pissed off after you killed those Kats in WCP. It was always a rumor until someone showed a screnie of it one day.

When I'm done, you'll at least be able to read most, if not all, of the non-repetitive scenes from Prophecy.

hcl has a tool on his site that also allows ripping of wc1/2/priv movies! wc1/2/priv films are kind of weird, they only update pixels that change. also the app for viewing hasn't got some priv palettes it needs.

I think you are mistaken. I guess you are refering to WCNAV or something. That is just a tool to navigate through the bitmaps stored in the game files. You can see the bitmaps of the "movies" but you can't rip them as one movie file. You have to rip them one by one and put them together to a animated gif or something. But as I said, the tool is no real movie ripping tool.

thrak I was referring to wc nav... and yes it is a movie ripping tool... that's how the wc 1/2/priv movies are stored if you don't like it write your own app

A movie ripping program would take the character and environment graphics, and the script, and manipulate them so that you could view them in motion, along with any music or speech. WCNAV allows you to view various graphics, it doesn't rip movies.

Exactly. TC said it. And I didn't critisize HCl's tool. Why should I, I work together with him. I just posted this, since calling WCNAV a movie ripping tool is just wrong, that's all. The comment comes from HCl himself and I just forwarded it.

Back