WC discussion

No Regret

Spaceman
There is nothing happening with WC and everything's been done to death. Let's discuss it.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Last edited by a moderator:
Discuss what? The gmaes? novels? tv show? fan fics and other fan projects? The CIC? LOAF's Merry Guild? or all the above and/or others?

be more specific.
smile.gif

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

What about Privateer 2?
wink2.gif

The game is barely playable in a P3-500 without a throttle. Just flicking the '+' or '-' keys would give a max or nil speed. I'm getting blown away before I could even get to see my foe
redface.gif

------------------
Turn me loose, Colonel.
This is what I live for!

There are numerous good slowdown utilities. CPUKiller is one. There's a demo at download.com

I wish I had a PIII that P2 wouldn't run on
frown.gif
Just curious, what's the fastest processor that P2 will run normally on? it seems to run just fine on my PII233 ...

steampunk said:
I wish I had a PIII that P2 wouldn't run on
frown.gif
Just curious, what's the fastest processor that P2 will run normally on? it seems to run just fine on my PII233 ...

I've played it at normal speed on my Athlon 700 system.

Theoretically, the speed limiter should work on any machine that it'd need slowing down on. In reality, though, some combinations of hardware can prevent the speed limiter from doing its job.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Well we never really figured it out... it could be software.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Seems nobody recognises sarcasm anymore...

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Well, No Regret, what'd be the point of bringing something up if you didn't expect to get a straight response?
wink2.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Hey guys! I just won the bid for WCP at e-bay for $15.50.
biggrin.gif
I know it's not the Gold Edition, but what the heck.

------------------
Turn me loose, Colonel.
This is what I live for!

Death said:
I've played it at normal speed on my Athlon 700 system.

Theoretically, the speed limiter should work on any machine that it'd need slowing down on. In reality, though, some combinations of hardware can prevent the speed limiter from doing its job.

I think I should have been more specific. I meant without a speed limiter. But Silent Warrior seems to have answered my question.

steampunk said:
I think I should have been more specific. I meant without a speed limiter. But Silent Warrior seems to have answered my question.

The "speed limiter" I was referring to was the one integrated with the game itself, not any external speed limiting program. The ships are a little harder to hit, without a dragging system to slow them down, but it's still playable for the most part.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Yeah, people have played the game on some of the fastest available computers without using an external slowdown utility.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

and some of us have goteen games like Howorld to run perfectly on anicient computers too slow for the games.
smile.gif

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

WCP required a P233 (or something like that) to run without a 3d board. I ran it on a P90.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

The box requirement without a 3d card was a P166 with 32 RAM. Got going on a P100 with 16 RAM and no 3D card back in the day.

Back