WC:CD "Thresher" Nephilim

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
Alright so this morning I started work on a ship similar to the Warlord or Devil Ray with similar armament, a little less armor, less manueverable, but slightly faster than the Warlord/Devil Ray I'm calling it the Thresher...Tell me what you think.. Here's the stats of the fighter

Class Space Superiority Fighter
Mass 13 metric tonnes
Default Max Velocity 700 kps
Max Velocity 800 kps
Acceleration 850 kps^2
Afterburner Velocity 1860 kps
Afterburner Fuel 900
Afterburner Acceleration 1800 kps^2
Y/P/R 130/110/130 deg/s
Rotational Acceleration 240 deg/s^2
Guns: Light Plasma (3), Gorgon Heavy (2)
Gun Power 700
Default Gun Recharge 70
Max Gun Recharge 80
Min Gun Recharge 6.5
Missile Hardpoints 1x10 IR, 1x4 MIRV
Decoys 30
Shield Power 400 cm
Default Shield Recharge 27 cm/sec
Max Shield Recharge 34 cm/sec
Min Shield Recharge 2.1 cm/sec
Front Shield 230 cm
Rear Shield 230 cm
Front Armor 410 cm
Rear Armor 410 cm
Right/Left Armor 410 cm
Core Strength 300 cm
Jump Capable Yes

Attachments

• Tresh02.jpg
    Tresh02.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Tresh03.jpg
    Tresh03.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Tresh04.jpg
    Tresh04.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 91
I really like it. It might look a bit too much like the ships it's "based" on, though.

...Then again I really, really like the way it looks so I'm not really sure. :)

I used parts from the Manta, Stingray, Squid, and Devil Ray...All in one...So I see what you mean....I'll get it into the Vision engine within the next couple of days

Yeah, as I said, this one looks pretty damned good, but you probably shouldn't make all the new ship that way. Coming up with a brand new Nephilim design should be easy enough.

I actually saw a bit of Stingray in it. Where did you put parts for a Squid?

Anyway, very nice. Another work of art.

I don't like it. The twin tail is too distinct to look like anything but the Devil Ray -- and none of the other Nephilim designs do this piecemeal stuff.

Also, shouldn't it be 'Thresher Shark'?

I don't like it. The twin tail is too distinct to look like anything but the Devil Ray -- and none of the other Nephilim designs do this piecemeal stuff.

Also, shouldn't it be 'Thresher Shark'?

I really have to concur, it's just to....generic Nephilim, and none of their ships are really generic looking to another (except the Manta and the Devil Ray, which are seperated, as was pointed out, by the twin-tail).

It would be nice to see something completely differant, like a single tail manta with some squid fins bolted on.

I opted not really to change much but I have changed a few things textures on this one.....

Attachments

• Thresha01.jpg
    Thresha01.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Thresha02.jpg
    Thresha02.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 48
  • Thresha03.jpg
    Thresha03.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 51
Haha I was thinking the same....I have to revise the stats at some point today... I made it a little too fast...But the Armament is absolutely ludicrous ;)

Here's a Render (1600x1200) With the Newer "Thresher" , "Stingray" , And the old "Devil Ray" out on the prowl

Attachments

• Neph01.jpg
    Neph01.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 77
that would be beautiful if it weren't for the planet in the background.. it needs a bit of rounding :p

It's supposed to be some sort of 3dFX explosion or whatever hahah but without the fallout ring...I'll do another one

It's kinda what you'd expect from...like..."Border Worlds" Nephilim. A bunch of ship parts messed into a new ship.

That's what happens when they form up to fire there plasma gun, Hey I didn't think of the idea the creators of Prophecy did ;) haha

OoOoO hahahah I'm sorry, Yea I used parts from other fighters...But...I was kind of thinking that the Nephilim Fighters almost look organic do they not?

Back