WC:CD Screenshot Dump

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
So for everyone who wants to see the actual ships from the mod so far in the vision engine....Here ya go.... There are no capships yet....and also I didn't do any Nephilim Screenshots (I have done the Nephilim Ships tho) I've just run outta time and have togo to work....I'll post up Some of the Nephilim tomorrow. The Shots were taken on a laptop which takes dark shots so I had to lighten all the shots and also note these were taken using HCIs High Res (Direct 3d) patch. Enjoy so far....You can see what the fighters have for gun armaments.

Attachments

• Arrow1.jpg
    Arrow1.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Darthek2.jpg
    Darthek2.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Darthek1.jpg
    Darthek1.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Darket1.jpg
    Darket1.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Charon3.jpg
    Charon3.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Charon2.jpg
    Charon2.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Charon1.jpg
    Charon1.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Bsword1.jpg
    Bsword1.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Arrow3.jpg
    Arrow3.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 92
  • Arrow2.jpg
    Arrow2.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 122
Screenshots 2...

Attachments

• Rapier1.jpg
    Rapier1.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Paktahn1.jpg
    Paktahn1.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Lbow2.jpg
    Lbow2.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Lbow1.jpg
    Lbow1.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Hurricane1.jpg
    Hurricane1.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Hurrican2.jpg
    Hurrican2.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Excal2.jpg
    Excal2.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Excal1.jpg
    Excal1.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Devast2.jpg
    Devast2.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Devast1.jpg
    Devast1.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 78
Screenshots 3

Attachments

• Vendetta2.jpg
    Vendetta2.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Vendetta1.jpg
    Vendetta1.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Valtar2.jpg
    Valtar2.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Valtar1.jpg
    Valtar1.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Striker1.jpg
    Striker1.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Refuel2.jpg
    Refuel2.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Refuel1.jpg
    Refuel1.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Rapier2.jpg
    Rapier2.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 93
And last but not least....The Wyvern

Attachments

• Wyvern5.jpg
    Wyvern5.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Wyvern4.jpg
    Wyvern4.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Wyvern3.jpg
    Wyvern3.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Wyvern2.jpg
    Wyvern2.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 102
  • Wyvern1.jpg
    Wyvern1.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 89
awesome work :eek:

say, have you named the yellow hurricanes "yellow hearts" squadron? I cant see an squadron insignia on them

Nah I figured in not naming things on ships....then I'm stuck....with that being strickly the "Yellow Hearts" even if it's not the "Yellow Hearts Squadron" ya follow. Like I can't exactly call the Vendetta Pirate ships....a certain squadron name....I have to keep them generic. Same with the Firekkans....Do I really know if they even fly in squads? who knows...So I gotta keep em generic. I can have a few different colors to be a lil different but ...no squad insigs sorry

I do have to say the the most fun fighters to fly are oddly enough.. The Arrow(You can "Almost" run circles around fighters) <Until you run outta missiles then it gets tough>, The Broadsword (It's a tank), Wyvern (It's great as a gauntlet fighter)

Nice work! You need to talk to Alex and Pete about adapting the OpenGL patch to your project soon, though, because, to be honest, those screenshots look horridly awful :).

Just one question - are those engine flames from Standoff? If yes, I hope you asked Eder for permission (or at least changed the textures).

Nice work! You need to talk to Alex and Pete about adapting the OpenGL patch to your project soon, though, because, to be honest, those screenshots look horridly awful :).

Just one question - are those engine flames from Standoff? If yes, I hope you asked Eder for permission (or at least changed the textures).

Yea I usually play in the OpenGL at 1600x1200, but I'm not able to take the screenshots and I didn't really have the time to do the hex editing that he showed to be able to take the screenshots...So I was like ehh whatev I'll just take them with Hcl's Direct 3d patch.... But I do agree that they don't look all that pretty, it's strange on the laptop when I take the shots they look great then I bring them over to the desktop n I'm like "WTF Happened?" bwahah, So I had to edit the brightness on them which you can tell just by looking at the "Reaper" text.

The blue ones are from Standoff and no I didn't ask permission (I'm still in the process of changing the textures)...The Yellow ones are using the sti_aft shape....but with a texture I made... I'll probably be making some red ones for Kilrathi ships...Some Yellow and different hue blue ones for Terran ships....I am using the Standoff shapes tho... Hope you guys don't mind. And if you do mind...then I can easily just revert back to SO shapes... Either way I could care less I just thought it would be nice to give an ode to whomever made those flames..Roc On !

The blue ones are from Standoff and no I didn't ask permission (I'm still in the process of changing the textures)...The Yellow ones are using the sti_aft shape....but with a texture I made... I'll probably be making some red ones for Kilrathi ships...Some Yellow and different hue blue ones for Terran ships....I am using the Standoff shapes tho... Hope you guys don't mind. And if you do mind...then I can easily just revert back to SO shapes... Either way I could care less I just thought it would be nice to give an ode to whomever made those flames..Roc On !
Yep, I don't think Eder will mind at all about the cones. In all likelihood, he probably wouldn't even care about you using the textures for these things (they aren't really comparable to ship textures in complexity), but if you want to do that, it would be only polite to ask.

I do my own texture 24 bit for the burner....which is similar to Eders but pretty much different color hues...then I make an alpha (8 bit b/w) then... I use Bmp2mat...but it comes out looking like the Cloaked Afterburner that the Standoff Sartha has for some reason....What am I missing anyone know?

Yea I usually play in the OpenGL at 1600x1200, but I'm not able to take the screenshots and I didn't really have the time to do the hex editing that he showed to be able to take the screenshots...So I was like ehh whatev I'll just take them with Hcl's Direct 3d patch....
If you're refering to my little article on how we did our dll patches, it was only to make new screenshots to not overwrite existing ones; you should not need any special tweek to take screenshots in OpenGL mode.

Yea I have an older Nvidia card on both my laptop and desktop it's a 5500 gt (I think) on these comps...Even tho the drivers are updated...they won't take the screenshots at all.... My newer comp has SLI on some 8800's which work much better but I can't swap em out due to this being so old (Old Motherboard). Just as long as I can keep the project goin :) But the new comp I have to replace the motherboard (It fried out on me)

I have never been able to take screenshots with the OpenGL patch - all I get is mostly a black image with one or two columns of corrupted pixels. But then, I've only ever had the initial release that Alex made for WCP and SO when the OpenGL patch was first released on Standoff. I know the OpenGL mode in Standoff has improved significantly since then, but I was not aware of there being any new releases of the renderer for WCP/SO. Has there been, or am I just misunderstanding everything?

Oh, yeah right. I forgot about that. Alex and I were working on an update of the OpenGL for WCP/SO before the Holidays but it's not done yet, still has some small issues to work with HCl's DVD patch... I guess we should get back to it.

Thanks for the update, Pete. And no hurry, either. I was just worried that something was released without my noticing it. OpenGL patch and DVD movies would be an even greater incentive to replay WCP and SO. :)

I took a few mins to make an Updated Excalibur Wallpaper. Enjoy :D

Attachments

• CDWallpaper2.jpg
    CDWallpaper2.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 117
Also in the Wallpaper above... I didn't want it too look "Refined" I wanted it to look a lil....ehh...junky :p (I did it for a reason)

You think the Kilrathi ever returned the Excalibur they captured Blair in? Would make a great museum piece or collector's item.

"Hey! I have the Excalibur that killed Kilrah!" :)

Back