WC:CD "Fan Input"

in S*S...Amazon is the highest rank merc... We could include Zero.... we don't know what happened to him post Secret Ops...So maybe we can give a fill in.
I think that's it for confed pilots that you actually interact with....I would say any other confed pilots are backwater meaning they're just names and don't need a description on who they are. Let's say like 6 more pilots... just names, callsign....But no info for other than they're Confed Pilots...

so you mean the crew of the coral sea are just sterotype pilots?

too bad.. I was playing mindgames with a former member of the black lance. some sort of elite pilot, who is an ace like maniac for example

would fit in probably really good. Could be possible, that his origin is beeing kept secret by him due to his fear of beeing punished. however his performances makes his heritage difficult to hide and so on

btw: can you give me the link to that database? I can find nothing on these mercs

http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?threadid=25578

http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?threadid=24035

I think those may list a few, and give some basis on who they are...it was in one of the updates awhile back...

I don't think the Coral Sea will all be sterotype pilots but I can only have so many characters ya know. This isn't really totally based on the Coral Sea anyways....I'm trying to really focus more on the "Revenge" her crew and there struggles....and at some point join with the Coral Sea to fight the Nephilim but not join Confed per say. So you may see a few pilots...like Doomsday, Flint, or Amazon...but they're not going to be characters that your one on one with all the time, and are going to be more of backstory type of characters.

anyway, here are some random pilots

1.) 2nd Lt. Shawn " Bussard " Morgan
2.) Captain Benny " Bull" Donat
3.) Major Frederick " Torch" Mc Laughlin
4.) Lt. Clarissa " Velvet " Walter
5.) Captain Ernest " Silver " Bulat
6.) Colonel Richard " Malestorm" Müller

I like Silver Bullet ...

Velvet seems a lil ....perverted

Malestrom sounds cool..Also do Torch, Bull, and Bussard

yeah, its a word game bulat sounds like bullet ;)

velvet is very feminine and hey, there is detergent in germany called "black velvet" thats kinky :D

I'm working on a new confed fighter at the moment ...

We know of the "Crusader" that was supposed to be a Border Worlds fighter but given the ad in S*S it's confed...Which give a lil imagery of what it looks like...it's a heavy fighter.. (I think)

Um there's another one which is the Hurricane II which was the medium fighter which is mentioned in S*S

And also another fighter that was supposed to be a fighter was then light fighter Fury.

I'm working on a new confed fighter at the moment ...

We know of the "Crusader" that was supposed to be a Border Worlds fighter but given the ad in S*S it's confed...Which give a lil imagery of what it looks like...it's a heavy fighter.. (I think)

Um there's another one which is the Hurricane II which was the medium fighter which is mentioned in S*S

And also another fighter that was supposed to be a fighter was then light fighter Fury.

So which one do I start to model?

How's this for a made-up character... Bit long, but gives you a fair bit to work with.

Name
Ray "Rapier" Shokovitski **
Parents/Family history
Most of Ray's family died during the war (mostly due to human military incompetance rather than a violent kilirathi action). Ray's sister survived the incident and got married, but she and her husband later died from the Nephilim Plague.
History:
Ray earned his nickname (and a scholarship) by submitting the preliminary design for the Rapier fighter, and worked on the design and testing team that put jump drives into the Rapier II. As such he earned the position of being the first man to run a test-jump on the fighter. Unfortunately for him something went wonky on a test-jump and rather than crossing space he crossed time (making him miss quite a number of years). Since his tech skills are now outdated, he's fallen back to his piloting skills to earn a living.
Missing time:
While the fighter he was in shows that his journey forward in time was near-instantaneous, Ray himself appears to have aged approximately five years. He has no memory of those years, neither does the ship' computer, but but both he and it do have several scars that he appearently earned during those years. (Its quite possible he ended up somewhere and spent several years there before someone wiped his memory and tried to return him to his proper place in time... even if that didn't work out right).
Personality:
Ray is, to a degree, a younger human version of the Revenge's Kuklext "Motley" Ragitagha in that he has a strong interest in non-human things (namely, Kilrathi things and Kilrathi ways, and to a lesser degree Firekkan things/ways). He does however remember having "a lot less interest in the cats" before his little time-jump.
Religion
Not a true Sivarist, Ray believes a lot of the Kilrathi religion has been "warped" by too many war-mongers and over-zealous nuts who perverted the true meanings for their own purposes (something that has happened to every religion that ever existed). Ray looks for older, less used/less favored meanings in the Tomes of Sivar, thinking that much of the true higher wisdom and teachings hidden within it have been lost over the years. (so much so that it sometimes bothers Revenge's kilirathi in that he questions things a lot and sometimes even tries to push his "strange interpretations" on them).
Hobbies:
In his spare time Ray tinkers with crude designs hoping to spark the next generation of the Rapier fighter. Maybe he earned some modern money (by putting forth one of the new WC:CD Rapier variations?) when he first returned. He also rebuild/tunes old fighters to sell to museums and collectors, and has an 80% complete WC2 Jalkehi (which he's trying to restore to a factory-like condition but also trying to upgrade for modern use since he likes the physical design). Ray likes to draw architextual stuff like ships, buildings, etc... he's not super-good at it, but sometimes he sells off a rough design sketch.
Fav.Food
Sushi (hey, raw fish is as close as you can get to the raw meat that the kili eat without the food actually making you sick).

** Shokovitszki (not sure of the spelling) is the old Russian/Ukranian version of my actual family last name (from like 3 generations ago)... it got changed to Shokoff (pronouced "show-cough") when my ancestors immigrated to Canada. Depending on which version sounds more "kilrathi like" ... maybe a few of the Renegade's cats even refer to the character as "nar Shokovitski" or some such, like he's tried to hybridize his family name to sound more kilrathi.

Perhaps a guest appearance by a few vintage ships? Like make a Confed dreadnought or something like that, like one of the older ships nearing mothballing get blasted by the Nephs.

Pulling out cameo dreadnoughts screams fannish. Why not a corvette?
The Pelican Transport cameo in WC Arena is awesome. If you want something fancy, there are plenty of under-appreciated things like the Paradigm or some exotic Tri-System craft.

I actually just figured I'd use the Firekkan Figure for a "Targeting ID" .... I mean think about it ....Not much is known about them right? So it's perhaps safe to assume that they have ships that Confed doesn't see everyday.

That might be true, but I don't think there's much reason to think that these designs are secretive. We have all kinds of detailed info on Kilrathi ships during the war, and we're reverse engineering Nephilim stuff within days. There was a huge political spat during Fleet Action, but I don't see real animosity there between the Firekkans and Confederation. As the Firekkans were members of the Confederation, it'd make sense that they had heavy economic integration, and that their ship designs are well known.

Actually Chris I was going through that P2 Model collection and there is some really cool models in there! A few ships that I really liked that could be fit in, I was thinking about including. Probably retextured a lil bit but more of an upgrade.. Even though P2 is like 100+ years into the future....Who's to say that one or two weren't developed during this time? As for the Warrax Transport I've been working on having it's own icon. The Valtar, I've done the icon.....In which it will get. I just didn't think at the time I'd be able to with all the ships I have in this thing but I do. :D

Actually Chris I was going through that P2 Model collection and there is some really cool models in there! A few ships that I really liked that could be fit in, I was thinking about including. Probably retextured a lil bit but more of an upgrade.. Even though P2 is like 100+ years into the future....Who's to say that one or two weren't developed during this time? As for the Warrax Transport I've been working on having it's own icon. The Valtar, I've done the icon.....In which it will get. I just didn't think at the time I'd be able to with all the ships I have in this thing but I do. :D

Pulling out cameo dreadnoughts screams fannish. Why not a corvette?
The Pelican Transport cameo in WC Arena is awesome. If you want something fancy, there are plenty of under-appreciated things like the Paradigm or some exotic Tri-System craft.

Well here is a tri-system craft that I was thinking on putting in as the Confed "Hurricane II" medium fighter....of coarse it still needs alot of work but it's based off of a P2 ship called the "Vendetta" . I mean remember when all those pirates in Priv 1 were flying around those Talons...Who knows how old those things were right? So it's definitely plausible to see some Tri-System fighters zoomin around. Anyways here's some prelim screenshots..with the Priv 2 textures (Blue) instead of red...I'll be retexuring the whole thing...Similar to how I did the Devastator...More Detail...etc...

Also I love the idea of the Paradigm....In fact I'm going to work on that one too... :D I forgot about that one.

Attachments

• Conf01.jpg
    Conf01.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Conf02.jpg
    Conf02.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Conf03.jpg
    Conf03.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Conf04.jpg
    Conf04.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 266
Hurricane II ... looking good

By Sivar, that "Hurricane II" looks like a widened, over-fed Hellcat V (given a blue paint job) and a few new bits (small front wings, the fat intakes (or maybe their missile pods) on the underside of the wings.

Certainly an interesting design... looks fast and agile yet heavy... I dunno, like it was on the heavy end of the medium class yet on the light end of the heavy and/or bomber class... kind of right in that sweet-spot between a heavy's firepower and armor while having a medium's nimbleness and agility.

Even the design... front 3/5's says "medium fighter" yet back 2/5's says "heavy, possibly bomber"... like you took two different ships, cut them in half, then stuck the front of one to the back of another.

I'd love to see stats and a combat demo... it just looks... I dunno how to put it... like how Blair must have felt when he fast saw (the piloted) the Excalibur prototype.

As for a red version (red like the red already on it), or maybe a darker red (sometimes refered to as "xmas red"), hell, even a yellow version, yeah... even maybe a grass-green version... I can see lots of paint-job potentials here. As for its blue version...

Its a great blue color... kind of a metalic cobalt blue or metalic saphire blue or however you'd describe it... and the few red highlights... simply beautiful.

Current blue version doesn't quite seem like something I'd convert to a paper model, (maybe if the blue ran further forward along the neck, possibly all the way to the nose)... but damn, even if its stats made it "just average" or even "a bit over average" it certainly it pulling at some kind of "its gonna be awesome" instinct in me.

FYI: STORY WISE

As to the profile I posted... if you don't like the time-travel bit you can always re-write it that Ray got some inheritance money from his father (or grand-father) who worked on the Rapier fighter. The whole profile doesn't have to come out all at once... just thought the details would make for good secondary cut-scenes and the like. In most other WC games it would be too much and/or too off, but for your planned Renegade ship, he'd be almost downright normal (seems it would be the kind of place/situation he'd be drawn to).

Besides, it be funny as hell if the player got thrown into a (possibly confed-colored) rebuilt Jalkehi simply cause "they were short on ships and it was available". (I don't mind if his precious Jalkehi gets badly beaten up... or even destroyed (providing its a "player death" bad-ending) but if you're gonna use that sub-story please have the player bring the ship back intact? The ship is his personal project and his baby and if someone takes his ship and blows it up and then comes back in an ejection pod, well, Ray is the type that would want to shoot them dead... but would probably instead beat the living daylights out of them (and then probably kill them).

I didn't really create anything new on this one....It's actually a Privateer 2:The Darkening ship....Check it out here... I moved some things around a bit but I haven't really touched the textures...Here's the original model and textures...You can see I didn't do much...

https://www.wcnews.com/ships/p2vendetta.shtml

But I needed this to be confed looking...while also being (semi) historically accurate so to speak...The Textures will be getting an upgrade...As I'm working on both this and the Paradigm at the moment.

Alos I don't totally dig the red white and blue theme.....I believe it should be just one color type for an overall....it screams star spangled banner...and that's just silly to do especially with all the Wing Commander fans all around the world

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the Paradigm....I'll probably add it in as a Corvette into the Vision engine...Even though it's a Destroyer...I'll up the armor on this thing so it takes quite a few shots to down.....But check it out :D ....Of coarse I haven't shown turrets on it and it's even hard to decipher where the bridge is...What a strange design.

Attachments

• Para1.jpg
    Para1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Para2.jpg
    Para2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Para3.jpg
    Para3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 161
Here's the Paradigm....I'll probably add it in as a Corvette into the Vision engine...Even though it's a Destroyer...I'll up the armor on this thing so it takes quite a few shots to down.....But check it out :D ....Of coarse I haven't shown turrets on it and it's even hard to decipher where the bridge is...What a strange design.

Very nice, but i think you should show off the armaments a bit more, don't forget that ship was bristling with weapons.

Back