WC:CD- F-103D Excalibur

I'm back to revisiting this one......At the moment I don't have a designation for the fighter. But it is now dubbed the "Wyvern"

Attachments

• wyvern01.jpg
    wyvern01.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Wyvern02.jpg
    Wyvern02.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Wyvern03.jpg
    Wyvern03.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Wyvern04.jpg
    Wyvern04.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Wyvern05.jpg
    Wyvern05.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 50
Here's the F-103 "Wyvern" With updated textures and also an action shot

Attachments

• Wyvern005.jpg
    Wyvern005.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Wyvernbr4.jpg
    Wyvernbr4.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 68
  • UWyvern03.jpg
    UWyvern03.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 49
  • UWyvern02.jpg
    UWyvern02.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 51
  • UWyvern01.jpg
    UWyvern01.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 64
The F-103 "Wyvern" will be used in the WC:CD Project. And is basically finished. Tomorrow I'll be back onto revisiting that Poor "Devastator" , and also continuing with the rest of the Nephilim Fleet Ships.

Your screenshots are pretty dark. When you produce more, can you light them up more?

Here's some updated shots

Attachments

• exc01.jpg
    exc01.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 48
  • exc02.jpg
    exc02.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 43
  • exc03.jpg
    exc03.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 46
The stripes in the original were form (WC3) were red. I can make them blue, orange, green, yellow, purple, whatever color really....This was just for show...

The Excalibur looks great but I just thought of something why has no one made a fighter that’s a really strong dogfighter all the fighters are good at it but none of them say pure dogfighter. Something more for someone like me were it’s big on guns and fuel rather then missiles. In Secret Ops I take away missile and add fuel for my way of dog fighting cause in ever fighter I can think of they have the ability to add external fuel tanks in place of there missiles for long combat missiles why doesn’t any wing commander game offer this I was just thinking.

The Excalibur looks great but I just thought of something why has no one made a fighter that’s a really strong dogfighter all the fighters are good at it but none of them say pure dogfighter. Something more for someone like me were it’s big on guns and fuel rather then missiles. In Secret Ops I take away missile and add fuel for my way of dog fighting cause in ever fighter I can think of they have the ability to add external fuel tanks in place of there missiles for long combat missiles why doesn’t any wing commander game offer this I was just thinking.

How are ships like the Rapier, Excalibur, Dragon, Wraith, Vampire, etc not gun-heavy dogfighters? The Dragon and Centurion even have infinite afterburner fuel.

In case anyone is really wondering much about the design direction I took.....It was to really take the Stock looking Excalibur and add onto it similar to the concept art...But just a mix of the two...
The time of WC:CD is way before Arena and is made to bridge the Gap between the Two....So certain ships that are in Arena will not be seen in WC:CD but you may see a form of it...For Example ...The Arrow Scout will be featured in the Mod, But not the Arrow Guardian or Eclipse (They may be later in the game if given some Fan support in doing models and development but aren't planned at this time) but maybe mentioned or dually noted during the campaigns.
Certain ships may be in some kind of development, Like This Excalibur "Wyvern".....If you view the design that I have here and then compare to the original concept art...You'll see a similar design but not quite to T of the Concept art. Reason being....Perhaps the design in the Excalibur series of ships hasn't gotten to that stage yet.
My next venture here with the design of ships is in designing more of the support ships (Refuelers, Transports, Shuttles, Assualt Transports, Marine LC Craft, Conveyors, etc...) I believe that the WC series should have more of these ships and was always sad to see (not enough) of these secondary craft. I started on the new refueler which can be found here WC:CD "Support Craft"

Thank you all very much for the support,
And see you out in the space docks!

Sincerely,
Hulse

Yeah, that's a good idea; even completely useless 'secondaries' like cruise liners, mining ships, civillian transports, and whatnot can add a lot of atmosphere just hanging around a nav point.

As for the Excalibur, it looks pretty damned gorgeous.

Back