WC:CD- F-103D Excalibur

JasonRocZ

Vice Admiral
So I've been getting back at the Excalibur which will be inclusive to the WC:CD Mod. It will be based off of some of the Arena preliminary screenshots which I am including the screenshot of here. I'll post up what I've come up with so far as progress shots. And the F-103D designation is something I've made, figuring there's been other revisions since, Also I am thinking on renaming the fighter also just like Arena used Rapier Blade or Rapier Cavalier. So enjoy and give feedback and comments. I'm looking to make this a heavily armed fighter with plenty of firepower. I'll give stats as the hours/days go by. Also I'll give u an update to the Nephilim Puffer ship at some point within the next few days.

Attachments

• Con_Excalibur_sr.jpg
    Con_Excalibur_sr.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 82
Alright here's some screenshots!!! Tell me what you think.. It's close to the overall shape is what i was really going for

Attachments

• ex01.jpg
    ex01.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 121
  • ex02.jpg
    ex02.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 67
  • ex03.jpg
    ex03.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 74
  • exc05.jpg
    exc05.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 73
Here it is with repainted intakes, and also a Orthographic View with also (Top, Side, and Front)

Attachments

• exc07.jpg
    exc07.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 92
Those are nice. I would recommend giving the extra wing more of a downward slope.

Edit: Whoops, maybe my eyes slipped a little bit... Never mind...

I like it, although it does sorta look like a cross between a Waterloo cruiser and an Excalibur fighter. Planning on keeping the 4 tachs that made the original famous?

the "D" designation sounds about right. Yeah, given the "approximated" history (I've short-listed below) I totally see it being a forth-generation of the ship with three (or more) main retail variants.

----Excalibur Revision History in Brief----

WC3 era
-prototype Excalibur (probably listed as "X-103" since "x" is typical for a prototype)
-several first-gen models ("F-103" maybe used in the Kilrah bombing run)
-eventual (post-war?) line models (2% to 5% less armored, less thrust, etc) (F-103A)

WC4 era
-few more line models (F-103B and assorted SR's (service releases) like F-103B-sr2 (~~~, like WinXP-sr2)...
notes: perhaps some weapon-swapping occurs, parts get updated, cost-cutting measures happen, etc

post-WC4 but pre-WCP
-development of the F-103C, F-103C-sr1, etc, more updating, most cost-cutting, etc

WCP era
-F-103D starts showing its age, gets more updates and/or cost-cutting,
notes: by now there are few original F-103A's left... the tech is less "cutting-edge-new" and more refined... its less tweaking for best-possible-specs and more mass-production line-models that have either seen combat or been tweaked for alternate specs (perhaps some are more tweaked to serve for roles as long-range missions, others are more tweaked for bombing runs, or close-range support, or whatever)

post-WCP
-the F-103D is still produced but is far from being "cutting-edge best of what the military has" and various SR's and PR's (Public Retail version) are around.
notes: quite possible that a "found and restored to near-mind condition F-103 with a few tweaked-in technology updates" would seriously kick a "line-model F-103D" 's tailpipe, given the toll 4 generations of cost-cutting and streamlining for mass production would have had.

just figured it out on my own based upon reading various novels and different threads and knowing general stuff... (average human IQ is bout 105... mine's bout 127)

besides, it all makes sense, right? Explains why the Excalibur lost so much of its edge in WC4, and despite it being high-tech and expensive it would be essentially be an old-design made with somewhat newer parts by the post-WCP era. Civilian and Police models are NEVER as good as Military models anyways.

just figured it out on my own based upon reading various novels and different threads and knowing general stuff... (average human IQ is bout 105... mine's bout 127)

It's never ever ever a good idea to mention your IQ on the internet (IQ isn't an absolute measurement, it's based on 100 being the average score).

WC3 era
-prototype Excalibur (probably listed as "X-103" since "x" is typical for a prototype)
-several first-gen models ("F-103" maybe used in the Kilrah bombing run)
-eventual (post-war?) line models (2% to 5% less armored, less thrust, etc) (F-103A)

The test version used in the field would be the YF-103. The first mass produced model would be the F-103A.

given the toll 4 generations of cost-cutting and streamlining for mass production would have had.

"Streamlining for mass production" makes the product better with each successive revision. If the stats are lower, it's because there was a conscious decision to use something less. Trying to explain why the F-103D is "weaker" is somewhat pointless though, because it's actually not much different at all - the difference between the Excalibur in WC3 and Secret Ops is that the later version has a couple less missiles, Ions instead of Reapers and stronger shields. It's a fine twelve year old fighter.

So I've been getting back at the Excalibur which will be inclusive to the WC:CD Mod. It will be based off of some of the Arena preliminary screenshots which I am including the screenshot of here. I'll post up what I've come up with so far as progress shots. And the F-103D designation is something I've made, figuring there's been other revisions since, Also I am thinking on renaming the fighter also just like Arena used Rapier Blade or Rapier Cavalier.

F-103D was the variant seen in Secret Ops, so you might want to choose a different designation if you're going for a later design.

Here's the Stats on the F-103D for the WC:CD Mod.....

Class: Heavy Fighter
Manufactured By: Douglas Aerospace
Length: 32 meters
Mass: 21 metric tonnes
Max Velocity: 500 kps
Max Afterburner Velocity: 1400 kps
Max Afterburner Acceleration: 900 k/s^2
Max Y/P/R: 85/90/85 deg/s
Guns: Tachyon Cannons (4), Chain Ion MK II (2)
Missile Hardpoints: (6 Artemis /30x2 Dumbfire RP/20x2 Mosquito/4 HS)
Missile Decoys 36
Front Shield: 310 cm
Rear Shield: 310 cm
Front Armor: 240 cm
Rear Armor: 250 cm
Right/Left Armor: 210 cm
Jump Capable: Yes

That should fit, those excals were mence-meat compared to when it came to going up against even mantas. I mean they definitely need some refitting and those Thuds need a completely new version. Forget major assaults, just retire the suckers to station defense.....

oppps...sorry got a little off into a rant. But I guess it makes sense that would downsize those craft over that decade. Just a little surprising they went all out with a whole new series of craft, though. Was there ever an explanation for why they built those new fighters. They obviously couldn't/didn't give the oversight committee that much information regarding the coming threat even they seemed to have an early idea of something coming.

Kind of reminds me of the MiG-31 "Firefox" from the movie with the same name, at least looking at it from the front left-quarter view. Always liked that design, I think it's a rather nice touch on that mod.

Back