WC -- Australian for Movie (September 23, 1999)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Ghostman sends in a new Wing Commander movie review... with an Aussie's take on Hunter's accent. Check it out...
Hey Guys. Thought I would drop you a quick line about the movie, it will be short in light of the plethora of reviews that have appeared on the news page.Well I've been waiting for this movie for 6 or 8 months now, and in the time I must admit that I had managed to build up a lot of negativity about it.Without going into great detail, I think there were 10 - 15 people in the cinema, I haven't seen ANY advertising for the movie. Even in the three times I saw Star Wars the trailer didn't appear. I was really surprised about how much I enjoyed the movie, it was a lot better than I had hoped for, the effects were bloody amazing! (as good if not better than EP1).The only thing I didn't like was Hunter's accent, it must have been the single worst attempt at an Australian accent i have ever heard... except for maybe the voices that were on that episode of the Simpsons, well that's up to debate. The acting I thought wasn't brilliant -- but what do you expect for 27 million?In all it wasn't a bad flick, I think I'll order the DVD now.

--
Original update published on September 23, 1999

Last edited by a moderator:
Back