WC Academyif and WC Movie - Blair's parents

firehawk12

Spaceman
WC Academy and WC Movie - Blair's parents

I've just watched all the episodes of WC Academy, and I noticed that in the cartoon, Blair keeps sending messages to his parents.
But, in the Movie, and in the novelization of the movie, his parents were killed in a war (Pilgrim War?).
I haven't seen the movie in a while, so I don't know if there's an actual conflict here.
But from what I remember in the movie, it seems that they are "newbies", just like they are in Academy... so I dunno. :)

Oh, and were any of the other characters in WC Academy seen in any of games? Other than Tolwyn, Blair and Marshall that is. :)

Double Oh, was the series meant to have more seasons, or did they just plan the first season?

Thanks.

Blair is writing to his aunt and uncle, his adopted parents from Nephele. Thrakhath is seen in the games. :) There are many character "ties" to the games as well. Yeah, there was a larger arc where Garahl was to defect to the Confederation (reverse the syllables in his name even), but things didn't work out on a few levels.

Hmm, so are they the same event?
I mean, the Movie is telling approximately the same story as Academy?

Oh, and I don't remember Archer or Maya in any of the games... but it's been a while. :)

Archer and Maya are new characters. The movie and academy series are different events. The movie is just two short days for Maniac and Blair as soon as they arrive on the Claw.

Blair's family history is confusing. He was born on Nephele, son of Arnold Blair and Devi Soulsong. When the Pilgrim conflict began (and Blair was just a toddler), Blair's mother smuggled him to Peron to be with her family. When the Siege of Peron began, Arnold Blair tried to sneak behind enemy lines and rescue his wife and son -- both he and Devi were killed. After Peron was captured, Blair was returned to Nephele to the care of his Aunt and Uncle.

His uncle was killed in a farming accident, and his aunt moved off-world and remarried. Chris was left in the care of his maternal grandparents.

Now, in Academy we see two sets of parents -- the 'living' ones he writes to who are opposed to the war (re: Red & Blue) and the 'ghost' of his father (re: Expendable) who is a career military officer. The ones opposed to the war are his material grandparents, the military officer is his dead father Arnold Blair.

If you had to put them in order, the only story from Academy which takes place *before* the movie is the first episode, 'Red and Blue'. The rest take place after, when everyone's been assigned to the Tiger's Claw.

There were some concepts planned for a potential season -- they wanted to have Gharal defect (Gharal = Ralgha), they wanted to bring in the Firekkans and they wanted to do some human political stuff -- Blair's anti-war grandfather was going to be a member of the senate... we'd get a larger look at the war as a whole instead of just the cadets cruise.

To gather moisture perhaps.

AFAIK Blair donated his farm to a Zen-Buddhist group neighbours prior his re-activation by Confed.

You're not going to impress anyone because you happened to read a mass-marketed video game tie-in novelization, you know.

Originally posted by LeHah
You're not going to impress anyone because you happened to read a mass-marketed video game tie-in novelization, you know.

Sadly, you'd be surprised.

Yeah, I tantalize people in real life with such knowledge on a daily basis. And I'm not even LOAF.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
Yeah, I tantalize people in real life with such knowledge on a daily basis. And I'm not even LOAF.

LOAF: So, then he said he'd wrip my ass off, collage boy!
Sexy Coeds: Oooh.
LOAF: Say, do you know the name of the guy who was Wing Commander of the Victory before Blair? It was 'Colonel Dulbrunin'.
Sexy Coeds: Oooh.

Back